SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Re: Best Friends Club

@Oaktree I hope your psychic appointment goes well.

I remember when I was diagnosed +20 years ago. Huge relief once I started on medication!

JWS Joondalup Women’s Shed. You can do biannual and quarterly membership payments.

They have their own Facebook page and Jackie will respond to your Messenger questions.

Have you had 3 COVID vaccinations?

It’s mandatory. The men drop like flies. Oops 🫢 I meant there is a natural attrition amongst the Men’s Shed members.

We don’t teach carpentry. If you want to learn, you’re better off doing a TAFE course.

I’m self taught. I still make mistakes.

Do you have an idea of what you want to make? Pinterest has good woodworking inspiration.

I haven’t been at JWS lately. The lawyer thing is exhausting and takes up too much of my time.

G

@Glisten 

I have had 5 covid vaccines 

Thanks @Healandlove.  Yes, I know I do need to get better at telling my partner how I'm feeling.  Your suggestion to just say "I'm feeling low and just need a little time" is a great one and next time, if I find myself not want to talk (very likely) i'll say what you suggested.  Thank you.

It does seem to be progress there for you husband.  It shows he does see how it is affecting you and is try to improve which is good.  Like anything though, it takes time... always time.

I had my men's group last night which was good.  I talked about how, apart from a couple of bad days, this last month has been quite good and possibly even a bit of a turning point for me.

I'm just sitting here catching up on the forum while waiting for a zoom meeting to start any second now... so i'm typing fast so excuse any errors.  Well more than usual anyway. 😁  Do you have anything planned for the weekend?  Do you have the long weekend there as well this weekend?

@MJG017 you are very welcome my friend.  Those words will make a difference to your partner. I know you will try your best. 

So good about your men's group meeting and that you are finding progress in yourself. 

When I look back to how I felt 2 years ago compared to now I have had so much growth too. And my husband has made positive changes too. I just wish he wasn't so stubborn and that he was willing to be vulnerable mote often. Hopefully things get better overtime. 1 step forward and 2 backwards as they say.

Zoom meeting for work? Hope it went well. 

We are on our way to Batemans bay for camping for 3 nights.  Kids love it. I do too even though there's a lot of work packing. It's relaxing once we put the tent up. We are meeting friends there. I brought some books and hoping to catch up on my reading. Yes we have long weekend too.

Where are you based? What are you doing for the long weekend?

😎🥳

Am I the only one here ?

Who's Newman ??? 

Ooh, he's that wonderful guy in Seinfeld right ? 

IMG_2110.PNG

busy packing for camping. --- have a lovely weekend my awesome sister @Healandlove , wishing it all goes well 😍

how has your day been 

how beautiful my mumma bear @Owlunar2 

be lovely sitting outside with a cupa and watching all those birds 😍

@Shaz51 thank you my shazzy sis,

So far so good. Lots of toilet breaks and heavy traffic so we will arrive in 1hr and 25min.

Lots of accidents in the roads sadly.

How's your day going my sis?

🥰

take care sister @Healandlove 😍

quieter day today, vacuuming, brough some potting mix to repot some plants 

we were going away to for the weekend, but everything booked up so next week 

@Shaz51 hey Shazzy, have a great weekend.