SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Re: Best Friends Club

@PeppyPatti contact the City of Subiaco. There are so many community groups and organisations!

I don’t have time for myself or my current commitments.

The last thing I need is more.

G

@Healandlove more power to you. Batemans Bay. Been a long time since I was there.

My camping days are well and truly over.

I hope you have a wonderful relaxing and fun holiday.

G

@ENKELI  I know you are away right now.

I can’t find the music thread. So I’m just going to put this here.

https://youtu.be/lXgkuM2NhYI?si=uXHjZV5rzTjagxQq

The official music video for David Bowie - Heroes Taken from Bowie's 'Heroes' album released in 1977, which featured the singles 'Heroes' / 'V-2 Schneider' and 'Beauty and the Beast' / 'Sense of Doubt' Subscribe to the David Bowie channel for all the best official music videos, live performances ...

This is my absolutely fav song 

David Bowie

Please stop giggling @ENKELI .me and Dave had a love hate relationship ……….But you are correct, when you wrote he was never good enough for me…. yet

my eyes still get wet for reliving that time…..he waved right at me…..

@Glisten II don’t need no friends. I live in an enclave of over middle aged people with varying degrees of coping noise through every day life.

My two birds keep me busy….

And Iv just finished another quilt !!

@PeppyPatti @you’re welcome re db heroes.

I must have misunderstood your post about women’s group discussions or something.

ADHD, PTSD by 2pm 🕑 my brain 🧠 doesn’t function.

All my carpentry hand injuries occur after 2pm. Even Lumpy let me down, my little sledgehammer.  I was splitting bricks 🧱 and shrapnel went whizzing past my head and just caught me on the cheek, below my safety glasses 🥽   That’s this week’s episode.

☝🏼 You inspired me to have a go at creating some sculpture art thing, with branches 🧑‍🎨

Have you heard the song Laughing Gnome?

G

Thankyou for your kudos.

Did the men's shed teach you all these skills ? I'll look for one nearby. 

Do you need doctor help ? Ide take you to the doctor but wait in the car. 

bird-photographer-of-the-year-2024-winners-17.jpg

@Glisten 

I am so jelly. I think I would enjoy some carpentry. Maybe I will join the Joondalup shed at some stage if I can find the fee. When I looked into it I thought it was quite a bit of money 

@Oaktree congratulations!! Hope you can share more details soon. I'm happy you are happy 😊 😃 😀 xxx

@MJG017 on our way to camping and can finally start catching up with the forum.

I think breaking down in front of your counsellor is progress. You are releasing emotion and tension and a good cry always makes me feel better. Don't be afraid of being vulnerable.  In a safe space vulnerability opens up connections and can bring us closer. I'm sure things will go well in your adoption support group and you will feel supported and understood.  Hugs my friend 🧡 

@MJG017 @I do react differently than yiur husband, I tend to just completely withdraw. I know my partner finds it confusing and probably upsetting. It happened yesterday and I can tell she's concerned and she does ask what is wrong, but I still feel like I need to keep it to myself... maybe in some guilt ridden attempt to shield her from the worst of it. I feel bad because at the very least she must find it so confusing that my mood can change so quickly and seemingly out of nowhere. So I know I need to get better at talking about it with her and reading you post, and all the replies, this morning I think a bit of an apology in there somewhere as well is very well deserved for all she puts up with from me.

Thank you for sharing your experience. From the other side I can tell you just being honest with your partner and letting her know you are feeling low and want time to yourself would be so healing for her. She sounds like a very empathetic person who loves you so this will help her understand that you withdrawing is not about your relationship but it is just you needing time. I wish my husband did this more often. 

A good thing is that a couple of days after I posted about his last meltdown he had another one but this time he stopped himself from continuing and managed to calm himself down while I walked away. I was surprised and gives me hope that in time if he continues practising he will get better at it. I don't think he will ever be able not to react to triggers but I hope that at least his reactions are smaller overtime. 

Thank you for your support. 

How are you today? What are you up to dear friend 🧡?