SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Re: Best Friends Club

@TAB 

What degree did you do at University? That’s an amazing achievement…

I am proud of myself for completing a trade as a plumbing and gas fitter @Oaktree 

@Oaktree can almost hear the voice on the phone still, saying I had a really good score and I had better hurry as the field was catching up, ie uni had got way more popular (from like 1989 when could have begun to 1997 when I eventually did. so if had graduated in 1995 could have had pick of jobs even with BA, not the case in 2000 tho lol

anyway, I enjoyed it, worked hard, enjoyed study, did well. I had to drop a few things as started out with combo of IT, maths, languages, anything they would let me do basically, but maths and comp sci got a lot harder after couple semesters, i fought it too with maths had to get tutoring to scrape though after getting HDs in bridging course lol.

Anyway, ended up with BA hons 2a in History 

@TAB 

Wow what a journey!

Good on you.

Sounds like you did really well.

Plumber and gas fitter I should say @Oaktree 

thanks @Oaktree 

Most proud of myself for making the big decision to retire from work when I was 59 and live off my superannuation

That's so cute. I like pink. I don't have a cool answer.

That's nice 🤗

G'day @Patches59 I got a good size chunk of money when I was 40 from my super,I live off my disability but the money is there for when a good house comes up