SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // How do you support yourself through the festive season // Tues 11 Dec, 7pm AEDT

@Razzle Sorry I linked the wrong website earlier! Compassionate Friends Australia is here 🙂 One in each state. Apologies.

Re: Topic Tuesday // How do you support yourself through the festive season // Tues 11 Dec, 7pm AEDT

Self-compassion or self-care is extremely difficult for me at the moment - regardless of Christmas.

I've been in excruciating pain most days, for over 2 weeks - from shoulder bursitis.

Only just diagnosed from ultrasound yesterday.

And nerve pain in my neck.

I've been unable to sleep through any night for over 10 days, so I'm very sleep deprived.

Adge

@Adge  Self-care is what you make it and it shouldn't add any extra pressure on you. It might be very small acts for yourself, mindfulness, self-kindness. I am sorry to hear about your pain, sounds like a really rough time.  

Thanks @Former-Member.  I’m laid up with a broken ankle at the moment (go hiking in the mountains they said, it’ll be fun they said... 😏). so I have plenty of time tomorrow to really check it out.  Thanks for the link

Hugs ❤ @Adge

@Adge, hope you’re feeling better soon.  Sleep deprivation is terrible, let alone pain, hope you can find some relief soon ❤️❤️

When I say self-kindness it might help to develop an awareness of our self-talk and work to consciously change it - small steps... and not placing expectations on ouselves that are too big/unrealistic

Hi @Razzle @utopia @Adge @Robert_Lifeline @Former-Member I always seem to arrive just in time for the end of these events, but never mind. Good discussion - thanks to all participating. Sad to hear how tough it is for many. I checked in on the forum through the day last Christmas, and it helped.

@frog  Welcome

@Robert_Lifeline. I can cope through Christmas lunch.  I just need to breathe and take time out when needed. And medication for back up if required 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance