SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Self Harm

Morning @Former-Member @Angels333 .... anyone else around .....

Hey to anyone following along....   no big  tag, too tired...

Things are better for me this morning....

I made a list...

Mental illness contributed to my house being not looked after, some jobs are huge...

I'm normally very neat and clean but when I'm unwell that created a whole other story.

I cleaned the living room on Monday and the entry (people couldn't really enter)

And felt great.     Then yesterday I became overwhelmed by what more I have to do.

I have already cleaned the bathroom this morning. 

And I'm waiting with a cuppa for S1 to assist with the dining room. 

It's a small 3x bed house but boy do we fill it with clutter!

How are you today my artist friend @Faith-and-Hope ?

@Former-Member, you're becoming such a support for me lately... Thank you

XOXO ANGELS333 

I am in a similar way with my house in the west at the moment @Angels333, but mine is because I got thrown out of where we were living by soon2bx, and having had a lot of kids and a lot of chaos around s2bx's mental health for the last few years, my house is down around my ears ...... again .....

Never mind !  I am glad you are biting off what you can do in the day, then leaving the rest to toggle over to tomorrow ....... it sounds like you are making great progress ❣️  

Maybe plan on doing only one room per day, but if you feel energised by the end of it and want to take on another room, given yourself the caveat that it's actually "tomorrow's" room and you don't have to finish it today ?

I might help to make little deals with yourself like that.

You go girl 🌷

@Faith-and-Hope  s2bx annoys me quite frankly,  I know the struggle it is for you and only inappropriate language can do the situation justice...

I have to look at my resume today also...   there's a peer support worker position for a mental health support role advertised.    I thought I would apply.    I feel grossly unqualified but the process to get my resume sorted might be useful down the track when I complete my cert 4.

S1 is really useful for helping with things like resume's  and also cleaning. 

XOXO ANGELS333 

Good for you @Angels333 ..... that sounds really smart 👍

One bit or the house and one day at a time @Angels333 👍 It is great when we can achieve a litte and see the difference it makes. So pleased about the position you are applying for too Hon - whether you get through or not you certainly will get experience from it and have a resume on hand - go you Heart

Ah @Zoe7 I'm not going to apply now  because I chickened out...   my resume was just too hard.

I'm going to pay for my resume to be professionally done.   I have a 20 year career.

So I'll wait for the next job to come when I'm more organised 

How are you?

I don't see that as chickening out @Angels333 I see that as making a wise choice knowing what you need to do for the future and taking steps to increase your chances when you are more ready 👍💖

Tired Hon - but it has been a big day. 7 more work days to go then I can start to rest and relax a little - so looking forward to the break - think we all very much need it this year.

The holidays are a very stressful, anxiety-inducing time. You have the tools in your kit to help you with this @Angels333 , and you've done it in the past. I have faith in you.

Make sure that you make time for you - quiet time, time away from the obligations.

You can do it xx

Former-Member
Not applicable

I'm happy that I help in some small way @Angels333 

Hello @Faith-and-Hope 

Sorry slow train for me.

Busy day. Bit sick of P control issues.

With me 24/7---im supportive but the negative can eat me.

Even when I confide my concerns and his diagnosis (I'm talking myself into a.diagnosis). P not a psychiatrist.

@Faith-and-Hope is this similar to control issues you had with ex?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance