SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Re: Tabaluga's

@TAB what do you mean by  "not real veteran anyway" ?

@TAB @StuF @Bill16 hey cool friends, hope you're  all okay. Waiting at hairdresser place. Take care 

Hiya @Meowmy 

Just back from taking my old man to the shops

Hope the hairdresser plays nice! lol

TAB
Senior Contributor

well, veterans used to be people who fought in wars or at least helped out @ENKELI  veterans changed sometime like 10 ish years ago to anyone who has been in defence I think, dunno

People also ask

What is the legal definition of a veteran in Australia?

''Who is a veteran? The term 'veteran' has a particular meaning under the veterans' entitlements legislation. In general, a veteran is anyone who has ever served in the Australian Defence Force (ADF) including those who are still serving.''

People also ask
What is the legal definition of a veteran in Australia?
Who is a veteran? The term 'veteran' has a particular meaning under the veterans' entitlements legislation. In general, a veteran is anyone who has ever served in the Australian Defence Force (ADF) including those who are still serving.

Veteran - Legal Aid NSW

Legal Aid NSW
https://www.legalaid.nsw.gov.au › ... › My right as a

OLD DEFINITION :

TAB
Senior Contributor

i talked too much and got upset when lost train of thought,was trying to be a bit smart @Meowmy  had to shut up , I apologised. did wat was told, thought they were changing things, they didnt.

TAB
Senior Contributor

overdue for a nap here @SmilingGecko  sounds good re garden

@TAB so if you were in the Armed Forces you are classified as a veteran. Did you serve in the Armed Forces? If so you are a veteran, real or perceived. Be proud of your decision to serve the country my friend.

My dad served in Vietnam and doesn't feel real proud of his Army service. It makes me upset. 

Anyone who chooses to join the military deserves respect for their decision. So what if you didn't serve in any war? You were prepared to and that is what counts.

Hope this makes sense and hasn't upset/annoyed you. I feel very passionate about our military (you might have picked up on that ha ha!)

@TAB 

Apologies for not keeping up - is this a new DES mob?

@TAB The garden looks heaps better will have green waste from overhead trees scraping my roof. The garden is neat and tidy now just in time for a wild storm this evening. Enjoy your nap this afternoon. I'm just having a cup of chaga tea while looking outside my window at this overcast day. It will rain soon. The wind gusts last night were fierce. Am expecting more of it with rain

TAB
Senior Contributor

@ENKELI  yes, I was in the Army a long time ago. I have a defence service medal now as I completed my contract which was 3 years at the time.

cant imagine re your father. i was in army in early 80s, most NCOs had been to vietnam.

think I went to the Army to try and please my father and well due to zero clue about job searching  and wanting to get out of school

My father was tank gunner and officer cadet. He was on the Russian Front for 2 years. yes he was in German Army . plus closet fitness nut w body like a body builder til late 50s , he still did clap pushups in his 70s. He was hard. nothing was good enough.However,he had no ambition job wise, and if anything went wrong it was someone elses fault.