SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Re: Does anyone want to talk

I didn’t know how to cook when I was younger and I usually just lived off noodles and garlic bread, I taught myself in the last 5 years or so
Still can’t get mashed potato right though @RiverSeal

It's an important skill to have when you have a family so that's great @ArraDreaming! RvierSeal 

my kids don’t eat anything I cook anyway lmao @RiverSeal

Except the baby she froths any food except carrots, I dunno why @RiverSeal hates em

You know what our baby likes and it’s funny she likes watching us cut up veggies and fruit lolllll @RiverSeal she will be in a fit of laughter when I’m cutting up dinner apparently it’s a worldwide baby thing they do

like they all communicated pre birth that they would come out and laugh at vegetables

Hey @Zoe7
Wanted to let you know something….
I was going back through an old essentially abandoned email address and I found some emails from sane back years ago, linked to an old account of mine that’s now deleted.
Now not sure if you realise cause maybe you haven’t realised it’s me, but you have had my back since about 2017 mate, I was in a real state an you were there for me and still are, the way you supported me and just chatted to me when I was really struggling you really helped me through some really tough times, you are still there for me now but to read back how much patience and support you have given me so many years ago… I was a real sh*thead, and had been banned from other services here was all I had and I could not move past it, I was all over the shop, seeing you support me on here back then… I don’t think I had the cognition to make the connection that was you up until now like back then I was in so much distress the name of the people helping me out went right over my head, now I realise that was you this whole time . You have made a profound impact (wow big words today AD) on me and my journey to here and I just wanted to acknowledge that…
Thank you
2016-2018 me thanks you in 2024 for supporting me the way you did, it means more then you realise

Hey @ArraDreaming I love your new pic ❤️

Yes I do remember those early days buddy. We would talk about your siblings and your love for horticulture. What I remember the most is what you wanted to do in the future with developing outdoor spaces for others - and now you are doing just that. It is a real credit to you that you have followed that dream.

I love hearing about the little family you now have and how much you love them but the best part is how much you have grown within yourself. I see you supporting others on here in such a lovely, thoughtful and caring way and that truly makes me smile. 

Thankyou for those lovely words (especially the really big ones lol). I really appreciate the words but moreso I really appreciate you ❤️ I know your Mum would be proud of you buddy because I feel like a proud Mum everytime I see you grow and give so much to others here - it truly has been a pleasure over the years and you should be so proud of how far you have come and the positive impact you are having on others (including me). 🥰

I feel a little bad that I never made that connection but also grateful I did find that out in the space that I am in now, the penny sometimes drops just at the right time @Zoe7
Geewhiz not a lot of people had patience for me back then

I think everyone has a time they think I don’t ever want to end up back in that place again, and helps them forward and I think around then is one of them for me, I’ve got a few but that time is something I constantly reflect on