SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Re: Best Friends Club

Oh gosh so scary @ArraDreaming!! You and the fam ok, bit shaken?

Haha yeah I’m all good I’m used to a bit of splash from 4WD times @Jynx
Only the big kid could see out to the front window and freaked out
It was more having the kids in the car if I had lost control or something

Hey @Shaz51 I’ve been a bit unwell today from the heat, but my migraine pain is settling now.

I hope surgery goes smoothly for you. Sending you healing vibes 💖🫂

@ArraDreaming Scariest drive I ever did was late night coming home from Coffs one evening, out on the single-lane highway in pitch black whilst it is absolutely PISSIN DOWN raining. Like the droplets were FAT, water across the road every which way, I couldn't see three feet in front of my car! And like all of that would've been manageable if I wasn't driving along the Pacific Highway where a majority of the truckers seem to think that they're immune to bad driving conditions, so I had sooo many semis and road trains riding my carse (yes, that is car + arse, you're welcome) waiting to overtake me. So here's me, still a wee red P plater mind you, can't see ahead cos of the rain and then getting blinded by the trucker high beams pinging off my rear view mirror. And of course whenever we hit an overtaking lane they'd be blaring past me with a fun WHOOSH (that would also make my car wobble), and poor lil me just had to hold on for dear life 😬🤣 

Best of luck with your surgery @Owlunar.  I know the recovery is boring and uncomfortable, but I've never felt more cared for in my life than having those nurses looking after me after the last couple of surgeries.  I sort of miss it at times.

Absolutely correct @Jynx @Shaz51 

At the very least the Federal Government should be stepping up to standardise and make dental pricing a fixed cost m.

More fools us for not running an Our Teeth Our Medicare campaign.

Next Federal election?

G

@Glisten 🤣 you always crack me up so much

I'll join your fight for our pearly whites!!

@Jynx the funny thing is, that was my bread and butter 4 years ago.

And I was good at it 🤣

@Glisten yes, Loki had that same meow. He didn't meow much, more a growl if you tried to take a piece of chicken from him. His paw would shoot out and stab your hand with daggers sharper than Mr Murdermittens could ever come up with.

Cat sisters. I like that. And yes, he did have a feather duster tail and fur coat in winter. I suspect he stole the coat from some hapless neighbour cat in the street. 

@ENKELI @Glisten 

Looking at the photos I thought about big black boy who has recently been adopted from where I volunteer.

Im 5ft7in.  One thing this guy used to love was standing on his hind legs, head on my leg, paws reaching toward my hips and purring whilst he got lots of pats (or would gently head butt my hand)IMG_1828.jpeg