SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Re: Best Friends Club

Touche @MJG017 

Too true! Haha

No @Healandlove 

We didn’t move house but they moved the ward boundary so that our entire suburb is now in the different ward. Thank God I am not in hospital… that is my worst nightmare! I feel so trapped when I am stuck in hospital. Luckily I haven’t needed hospital since November 2021

@Healandlove 

Thanks for the best wishes for my Church event tomorrow. I have set my alarm for 6:30am to give me plenty of time to have a shower, get dressed and make up a dozen sandwiches (which I will cut into 4 triangles each). I reckon I will have enough sandwiches to make up for anyone who forgets to bring something lol. In our family we always over cater. We are known for generous servings. If you come over for dinner come hungry because you are getting seconds and taking leftovers home with you.

I have to get up early tomorrow but do you think I can get to sleep? Super frustrating 

Hope you got enough sleep @Oaktree 

I shouldn’t have had that Bunnings coffee yesterday afternoon 🥳

Hi @Glisten 

hope you got some sleep too. Now I am awake too early. Going to loo then back to bed for an hour

@MJG017 Thank you for your response. You are such a sweetie. I found after posting on here, I started to feel a bit better. So I decided that being around nice people and having a few drinks would probably take my mind off the emotions that I was feeling. 

So I went and enjoyed myself. I only thought about my ex partner once and it was a fleeting thought. I spent most of my time talking to my friend, as I hadn't seen her in a while. And it made me realise that I missed our conversations. So I am going to try and make more of an effort to see her more often.

Unfortunately they are moving back to Tasmania next year, so I need to spend what time I can in her awesome company. 

I have always wanted to go to Tasmania and now I will have somewhere to stay. Once my back is strengthened and I have saved some money I would love to go and visit. 

I am glad that I decided to go, and it also showed me that my mindset has definitely started changing, as normally I would have stayed in bed for a few days. Monday is the anniversary of his death and I will go to the cemetery, so hopefully those emotions don't creep up on me again. But if they do, that's ok, I will use the emotions to write a letter to him, that I will later burn. At least I will feel like I have released the anger I now feel when I think of him.

Morning @Mustang67 , @Oaktree , @Glisten , @Healandlove , @MJG017 , @Blackcloud , @RiverSeal , @ArraDreaming 😊

Woke up early to go to a local swimming hole and got eaten by hundreds of marsh flies

So home again now 

@Mustang67 

The whole thing with your ex is so painful. Please just look after yourself over the next few days. We care about you and want you to be ok. I am glad that you didn’t stay home and dwell on things but instead got out and managed to enjoy the company of your friend. Keep being awesome 

@Shaz51 

Well I am sure going for a quick dip was a great idea. Not so fun in reality. Better luck next time