SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Re: Best Friends Club

No fish but the alone time was good @RiverSeal

That's what I hear about fishing @ArraDreaming! It's not about the fish but the experience 🙂 RiverSeal 

@RiverSeal what things do you like to do do you like camping

I used to love camping and did it heaps up until my MH became more severe in 2007 @ArraDreaming. Now I'm more of a city person and enjoy hussle and bussle of the city and enjoy some time in parks. Things change, and there are plenty of options in life I learned. RiverSeal 

Yeah definitely room for change and deciding what you like or don’t like @RiverSeal agreed
Do you have family

Agreed @ArraDreaming! My parents are in Cairns, and so is my sister currently. I have lived interstate for 30 years, so I'm used to not having any family around. Not a choice for everyone and it's not been without its challenges. RiverSeal 

Oh that’s nice we got family up there too @RiverSeal my Mrs sister and her kids/family are up there we visited once earlier this year

Nice! It's really beautiful up there, I think @ArraDreaming! I was there in July, and I hope to go again in December/January. RiverSeal 

Wet season then @RiverSeal at least in dry season safer to swim at the beaches and no nets or stinger suits needed

I know right! It's so humid at Christmas time and I hardly go outside, and I can't cope after living in Melbourne for so long @ArraDreaming. RiverSeal