SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Re: Best Friends Club

Yes will need a cpap machine @Jynx 

@Oaktree asked: What is just one thing that you really enjoy doing?

Being with my family. Nothing is better.

Most satisfying thing is demolishing a brick 🧱 wall with a 5kg sledge hammer :hammer: 

Or chopping down an invasive pest tree with an axe 🪓 

Very relaxing G

one is hard @Oaktree 

ok going on long drives like all day or across nullabor etc

Bit of an adjustment ay @Shaz51 but hope it makes everything else easier once you're getting regular good night's sleep! 

@Oaktree hmm that's hard cos there's so many things!! Buuut I will pick just one. I really enjoy dancing! There's a freedom in it, it allows me to get into a flow state, and it's a great form of creative expression! Fundamental part of my self-care regime too ðŸ˜Š

@Glisten I have been travelling since January 2020 so I will have to go into my old phone to find photos. 

I’m still learning how to work this forum. 

I see what I can find and post. 

I made this cat climbing thing from pellets. 

A5F57B0A-9066-4AE2-9557-2728A5713F07.jpeg

 

Hi everyone!

@Jynx @Oaktree @Glisten @Shaz51 @Healandlove 

I was meaning to reply on this thread earlier, but life gets busy.

@Jynx , you made some very insightful comments about co-dependency/enmeshment. I agree that humans are wired as social beings, and I think it's good to look at it from the perspective of healthy or too-enmeshed relationships. For me, this is tied to people-pleasing and the difficulty of having my own opinions because I am too used to seeking out the opinions of others.

I love dancing, too! What kind of dancing do you do?

My one thing would be listening to music. I find it's a great, mindful activity and I can choose what genre to listen to, depending on my mood and whether I want to be stimulated or chill. Everything from mainstream pop, to K-Pop, Latin, anime and Lo-fi.

And for my proud achievement: establishing and maintaining a career despite my mental health challenges. It hasn't been easy, but since starting work I have felt a lot more useful now.

@Oaktree @Obviously I enjoy my cat and training her if you haven’t noticed I’m obsessed with her lol. 

I enjoy being able to go out in public if I didn’t have my Assistance cat I wouldn’t do that. 

I enjoy period shows on Netflix like outlander. 

I enjoy educating myself about stuff I don’t know. 

Im a big google person if I read something I always have to find out if it’s true or false information. 

Hi @Sunda-Billi  Ive never heard of companion cat before. Sounds like wonderful idea for us cat loving people.  My 2 would never cope, as soon as I take them close to my car or outdoors in their carriages it’s a pleading match, one of both pleading to be back indoors.

@shaz51  being given another diagnosis can be daunting.  Good part is having an exact answer.  Various of my relatives have CPAP machines due to sleep apnea and all have only positives things to say about using one.  Hoping you are able to get one soon and get the benefits from it.

my favourite thing that I enjoy ….. there’s sooo many to pick from.  I’ll choose my latest hobby that I’m still learning which is hand made greeting cards.  To take a few pieces of card and paper, some ink and a stamp or 2 plus some little rhinestones from which make cards of different sizes and different designs.  A legitimate way to make a mess. 🤣

@Patches59 

She is not a companion cat in the eyes of the law. 

She is an Assistance animal with the same rights as a guide dog. 

There is not many out there but she is definitely not the only one. 

I actually run a support group for people that want to train cats instead of dogs to be assistance animals. 

@Sunda-Billi  

My apologies for referring to your cat as a companion cat.

your Assistance Animal sounds like a very special cat. 😻