SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Re: Best Friends Club

Oh, I love a good sleep. I am sure that if you dragged your half awake, bedraggled skeleton to join this group you’d be on a high for the rest of the day…arghh, sleep pirate, why is the only good, comfy, relaxed, deep sleep, the one that our alarm wakes us from? 🙂

Goodnight @Shaz51 

Sweet dreams 

Hi rav3n,

I think this is why I’ll defend the midday movie as an elevated art form to anyone who will listen. I love to sleep. As an adult, free range sleeping is frowned upon maybe? A sick day, doesn’t exist? Soldier on or be on deaths door to justify a lie in and the morning show and a midday movie or a doctor Phil or whatever it is now? 
I’m mentally ill, I try very hard and it can be exhausting, I don’t have social media, but I read about hustle culture. Oh my goodness, stick that hustle up your jumper. If I have to do more than three things in a day I will become a turtle and retreat into my shell until the world ends. I’m sorry if this is super negative. I’m just tired. I have a headache. Everyone wants something done that they could easily do themselves..etc 

@ChouxieChou as someone who wakes up in the afternoon at times, i understand your frustration! 

i believe everyone has their own journey, own routine and their own capacities - some of us can get 1-2 things done in a day while others can do 10, doesn't make us any less valuable as humans! 

sounds like you're doing your best and working at a pace that works for you, and that's more than enough ❤️

Thank you rav3n,

I try really hard. I do my best. It makes what little patience in my kit, the buffer I have for being outside go away.. If it’s a cost gain loss sum. Arfhhhhhghh normal (?) people are erratic, unreliable and over emotional! What’s the line?  I’m trying so hard to be normal presenting! I just want to crawl under my desk in a fetal position and cry because I want to go home, or shout/maim (?) at the people who have made my job hard. 
Being mentally ill makes you the patsy. You get walked all over, bullied but also expected to stand up and be an advocate for everyone? 

@tyme @Oaktree @Shaz51 @Patches59 @Glisten @Ainjoule 

I wish I knew how to tag everyone! Do you know?

Sorry to be so late in replying.

I guess my goal this week was to get more organised so I can do my work more efficiently and have more time for the kids. So far it's going well. 

Xx

@Asgard 

Many congratulations on your new job!! That's the best news! The right job for you was meant to be! Hope you dod something nice for yourself to celebrate 🥳 

@Oaktree @Shaz51 @Glisten @tyme @Captain24 @Ainjoule @Asgard @ChouxieChou @rav3n @Hope2Recovery @Patches59 @Snowie 

Sorry to be late to answering the questions!

Here are my favourite foods

Summer: veal schnitzel with mashed potato

Winter: my mum's home made gnocci with bolognese sauce 😋😋😋

Good for you @Healandlove you never get that time back.

It goes very quickly.

G

What do you like to drink? I’m trying to elevate Fanta back to its deserved position on the throne, of all soft drinks!