SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Re: Best Friends Club

@Captain24 

I got brave on Valentines Day and nibbled on my husband’s jalapeño popper. The taste was nice but I couldn’t stand the heat

@ChouxieChou 

We love garlic and throw it in everything! I also love bread. I made a delicious and easy focaccia bread recently. Find the recipe Cook Along page 44. Rise it at room temperature and not in the fridge. I tried it both ways and preferred room temperature 

@Eve7 You ate 🐍 😱

@Glisten 

@Eve7 said she had never had snake

That pate in the blue oval tin? 
man o man. My eating was off the charts. My family used to be friends with a butcher. I would 

make a sauce out of pan juice, blood, cream and cognac to dip bread in and complain that steak was too tough, it wasn’t real veal 🤣 my goodness, I was the most insufferable and indulgent faux prince. 
I’ve been vegan, vegetarian, pescatarian for decades..but I think back to my pate days and I honestly searched for it online, the blue one, for my dog 🤦🏻‍♀️ for Christmas. I give so much to charity but honestly I’d feed a political prisoner to my dog, I love that little girl. 

I adore a focaccia. I online shop now because it means I don’t have to go to a shop. I apologize if this slaps you in the face with my indulgence during a cost of living crisis. I’m trying to grow my own. I can’t do shops. I’m getting the medley of tiny tomatoes and doing a confit, if I really take the time, and it’s meditative and calming..if people will stay out of the kitchen! I could confit tomato a focaccia for days! Love it

@ChouxieChou 

I have never tried to confit anything but I have seen it done on tv. Each to their own if you would rather buy ready made. I was proud of myself making the focaccia. Really yummy with balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil to dip it in

I was so attracted to doing the thing in Asia where you swallow the still beating heart of the cobra (to take its power, which is maybe confidence?) 

my traveling companions wouldn’t let me go, but I ate mystery meat. It’s all good though. I’ve spoken about it with my cats and my dog. They’re all unpublished sociologists. Dolphin is where I draw the line..because a whale can feed a bunch of people..where am I getting all preachy and upright about what animals we can eat. 

anyone eaten insects? Can parlay a review? 

@ChouxieChou 

I really don’t want to eat an insect. Grasshoppers and cockroaches are a no for me as are worms and such

Try confit, it’s super easy and so relaxing. Just get a nice, heavy, even heat pot. Set it low low low, no bubbles and stir out your troubles. I promise anything done in this method is exceptional and delicious