SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Re: Best Friends Club

Hey @Shaz51 

That picture looks great. A high tea is always awesome. Are you coming to the peer group chat tonight? I missed the Thursday’s night one because I slept through it but should make tonight’s one. 

@Shaz51  next door neighbours to my parental home I refer to as my second parents.

there was a good rapport between houses for years.  
I grew up being treated by them the same as they treated their own kids.

Was always welcome in their home.

@Patches59 @Ainjoule @Healandlove @Shaz51 @tyme 

Hi guys,

Just went to pick up a cake pan I lent my son. Had to go the long way because there was a police car blocking off the road. Apparently a traffic accident at the intersection further down the road. Hopefully everyone was ok. Ended up going to the IGA on the way home. That one has just been named supermarket of the year. Got some salt and vinegar flavoured cheese. Just had a taste and it was delicious. Will enjoy some after dinner. Just having a sausage with onion in bread for dinner. 

Hey there bffs @Oaktree @Patches59 @Ainjoule @Shaz51 @Healandlove ,

Great to have you all here. 

I'm not hanging around tonight, and won't be back till mid-week, but wanted to pop in to say hi. 

My goal for this week is to advocate for myself and not just let things go if the need arises.

Anyone else have any goals to share for this week no matter how big or small? Bffs can support each other and cheer each other on 🙂

Hey @tyme  @Glisten @Oaktree @Patches59 @Shaz51 @Healandlove 

That's a lovely goal @tyme 

I think my goal for the week is to get my studies back on track, I'm a little bit behind. And because it's a private college that I am studying at (as opposed to say TAFE) they charge $30 per subject that you are behind in! Yikes, good incentive not to get too far behind. 

Wow. That really is an incentive not to be behind @Ainjoule . But I can also see it can be added stress on a person already struggling. 

Please look after yourself and if you need to reach out for your studies, please do so. I wouldn't want to see my bff burnt out.

Good question @tyme and good for you leading by example. You can’t talk the talk unless you walk the walk.

@Ainjoule get it done it is in their best interests to pass you.

Me: Need to email my psychiatrist to see if I can try a new ADHD medication.

Need to email my MHCP to a trauma informed psychologist. To find out her fees.

Need to get my tax return lodged for the last 3 years. Centrelink financial year statement still is not available.

I’ve already paid my rent and my lawyer. That’s the most important thing.

G

@Oaktree and @SoSad my children 40, 38, & 37. They always need you. Always.

Even when they go through stages of disliking you. It will change.

But as they grow up you can’t always Mom them or offer unsolicited advice.

I had to learn to hold space for them.

I knew I had to respect them as individual adults and be open to learning from them.

My youngest taught me not to have expectations because you will be disappointed.

G

Morning All:

I just had the best news, well some of you know that I had gone for an interview which alas I didnt get, well I went to another one at the same place and I got it.  Am so happy, I finally feel that I am back in control of my life.  Just wanted to share with you all. 

Hi @Asgard 

Congratulations on your new job. That is great news.

You should be proud of yourself for not giving up.