SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Re: Best Friends Club

I am missing notifications, too, @Glisten @Patches59 

I play for my own enjoyment these days. It's been a while since I was in the habit of playing every day, unfortunately work keeps me too busy these days, and exercise is my non-negotiable self-care. My parents appreciated music, but didn't have as much opportunity to learn, growing up. My brother plays, too. I find music is very good as a mindful activity, although it does require a certain level of concentration, which I do not always have when there is time to play. 

@Spirit_Healer @Glisten @oceangirl @Patches59 @Shaz51 

Wow 27 years! I wish I had learnt to play piano. We couldn’t afford to buy one and don’t have anywhere to put one. Looks like it isn’t going to happen. I am probably too lazy anyway. I just got on the phone with aircon place. They can come install in next week to 10 days. So excited, going to have aircon ready for the summer. I have never ever had aircon in my whole life

@Shaz51 @Glisten 

Just had my tax done. Only getting a refund of $300. Sadness!

Now sitting at San Churro’s. Got hubby a Churros for one and a coffee. I only just had lunch so wasn’t hungry 

Wow @Spirit_Healer ....

So many commonalities! I'm a female in my late 30s. I also enjoy walking, playing the piano and salsa dancing. However, I don't do much of the 3 things as it's hard to find time.

I've been playing piano about 35 years now!

@Oaktree  Chocolate fixes nothing but it makes life more enjoyable 😆

In my 20’s I tried learning to play guitar and organ.  Used to play organ at home for enjoyment. Admire anyone who is able to play an instrument.

during last few days have obtained quotes for building inspection. Waiting to hear back from one firm that I sent few questions to this morning.  Quotes all approx $800 …. Ouch

Was Hoping for positive outcome of tax return but, based on online estimate I’ve done, appears I will be having to pay a small bill. 🙁  one downside of my pensions is having to try to work out how much $ to have deducted for tax each fortnight

@Patches59 

I did tax yesterday and only getting $300 back. Usually get like $900. Well at least it’s something I guess and better than a bill. 

I'm dreading doing my tax @Oaktree . I know I'm going to have to pay a few thousand dollars... not looking forward to it...

@Oaktree @Glisten @Shaz51 @SoSad @tyme @RiverSeal @Captain24 

Catching up with this thread at the end of the school holidays! We've had a busy one with lots of playdates with the kids friends. It has been so nice to look after them all and see them laugh.

@Oaktree , I  understand about wanting to make the time with your daughter perfect. We love our kids so much that we want the best for them. Having a plan and schedule like you mentioned will be very good to keep things going. I am sure you will have a wonderful time and you are so blessed to have a strong relationship with your husband ❤️  who will be there to hug you and wipe your tears when your daughter returns to her life.

@SoSad , I dread the time my kids become teenagers and don't need me anymore. I fear the loneliness,  they are my whole world. I can relate to what you ate feeling. My husband has complex-PTSD and his emotional detachment means I rely on the kids love, cuddles, etc. I don't know how I will be in the future when it is just him.and me at home. I am his support person but also someone that needs closeness and love but he struggles to give that. It is also not his nature. You don't need to answer this if you don't want to but if your husband is verbally abusing you, would you consider separating? Do you have a support person or therapist you can speak to?

@Shaz51 , my lovely friend, I echo @Glisten , you are wonderful ❤️

Hope everyone in this amazing forum.is having a good Sunday...extremely cold in Sydney 🥶. Will bake some scones with the kids today 🥰.  How I will miss those moments when they leave home 😔😪.

Xxxxx

@Healandlove awww , you are wonderful too my friend 😐

years ago, I looked after one family of 5 children, and I used to call their mum "My second mum" because she has known me for a looonnnggg time and because she would tell you things straight and I still call her mum 😊

have you heard of "Boomerang Children " ( they keep coming back ) and loving it my second mum would say 

afternoon-tea-intro.jpg

@Glisten , @Patches59 , @tyme , @Jacques , @Bill16 , @Emelia8 , @Spirit_Healer , @sosad-666 , @Asgard , @Ru-bee , @Ainjoule , @Stout , @Jynx , @ChouxieChou , @Adge , @Captain24 , @oceangirl , @Snowie , @MDT , @f0x , @dehaha , @Johnny007 , @Judi9877 , @ArraDreaming