SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Good morning @SmilingGecko @StuF @saturnzoon @TAB @Oaktree @Sweetpea @tonys 

5:48am Sunday here in the West. I had to check because I woke up wondering what day of the week it was.

Hello and good morning @Glisten.  Have just been on my chi machine this morning getting some exercise. Have been wiped out since yesterday with a solar flare from the sun. I follow spaceweather a lot. Someone I used to know got me into it.  Its now known as a relatively new science called heliobiology and it explains how spaceweather can affect humans. I usually need to ground myself, rest, meditate etc during this type of activity. Feeling better today somewhat. Got a deep nights rest. It will be a nice mild day in Melbourne compared to tomorrow. Lots of solar winds expected the next day or so.

<image of spaceweather>

Screen Shot 2023-12-17 at 8.40.11 am.png

Good morning  @Glisten @SmilingGecko @StuF @saturnzoon @Oaktree @Historylover @SmilingGecko @tonys @MDT @Emelia8 @oceangirl @Clawde @Sophia1 @Shaz51 @StanD  and Anyone else around ..

slow start to day here. posted it was dark. Only behind the blinds it seems ha ha. Warm one today think. 33. Since not had warmer days recently house and I should be okay. doubt turn a/c on. Ceiling fans, yes.

Hello @TAB ceiling fans sound like a more energy efficient option. I used to use a heavy duty fan in my room and it got me through many summers before this extreme heat the planet is now experiencing. Did you get a chance to clean your aircon filters? Might be a good idea to keep your aircon unit functioning properly.  I got my Dr. Who looking fridge the other day from scratch n dent place. Getting used to the color. @Historylover told me it was brushed metal and is all the rage apparently. Getting used to a grey looking fridge! lol Its got a very highly energy efficient star rating and is made by LG 🙂

@SmilingGecko 

My daughter follows space weather. ABC News said the solar flare knocked out a lot of telecommunications.

“We are made of star stuff” said astronomer Carl Sagan.

We are not figuratively, but literally stardust” - astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And, the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics: You are all stardust.” - Lawrence Krauss, theoretical physicist cosmologist.

i thought you got a different colour re fridge , mine in stainless like burnished or something. shows everything up, including tiny dents that made it cheaper.. yes, LG stlightly dift model mines 4 star rating and 10 year warranty on inverter. doors are over 3 inches thick with insulation. @SmilingGecko 

hmm forgot filters . Been away.

@Glisten thats good to know. I did not check the news but wondered if eftpos went down yesterday due to solar flares. I had to organise a taxi yesterday. If there are solar flares their eftpos is usually likely not to work and the driver will demand cash.  That happened to me once so I was prepared. I took money with me deliberately instead of paying via card and yes eftpos would not work on that occasion! I really surprised myself and kind of laughed it off.  Its good to be in the know. I did an online taxi booking via paypal this time just in case as I had no cash on me.  2024 will be a lot of solar activity as its a solar maximum so its likely to have lots of mobile phone, internet and eftpos problems due to spaceweather affecting satellites etc I may check the ABC news from yesterday to see what they had to say. Thanks for mentioning that

.. I think gold and poss other 'precious' minerals come from space originally @Glisten @SmilingGecko 

@TAB yes it may be burnished (did not know the term) but it looks grey. I think its great we can get good deals with scratch n dent. I took out buyers protection insurance just in case as you never know. But is a good quality fridge. When they carted the old one for recycling, water was leaking from the unit all over the floor. Its gone now.

Yes get around to cleaning filters. It only takes a few minutes. Dust on the filters will stop it from putting out cooler air. Cleaning it out will surprise you even if its only a little bit of dust. Its recommended to clean them fortnightly or monthly going by what my aircon manual said otherwise it will restrict the unit from putting out cool air. Thats what my manual said

@TAB & @SmilingGecko 

Yes gold is the result of supernovae and neutron star collisions that occurred before the solar system formed 👍🏼

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance