SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: @musicfanatic_x crib (anyone is welcome).

thats a good way to think re grandfather @Former-Member  yeah dunno what was thinking , I generally dont like tuna either, but was with white sauce and corn and spices and warmed up with cheese mixed in lol, surprised white sauce wasnt disaster been years since tried

Thanks @TAB and fair enough

Just off to bed here @Former-Member take it easy 😀

Sleep well @TAB , I'll write an update about my psychiatrist and GP appointments today here 

okay fair enough am  up again @Former-Member 

Hi everyone on this thread, just giving you all an update about my psychiatrist and GP appointments today whether anyone reads this or replies or not. Sorry this is lengthy.

Well the Telehealth company called me yesterday since I sent them an email to pass onto my Psychiatrist, and I saw him today at 8am so he freed his schedule to see me.

Basically it went for 30 mins, and as usual he asks if I can see and hear him okay since it's on Telehealth so like Skype, the answers always yes.

Then he said "I got your message, and I thought it would be good for us to have an appointment and chat" and I agreed.

We just talked about how things have been going for me with the meds, my mental health and other struggles. He was quite concerned about me and told me new meds he's putting me on, the side effects, what to do with side effects, dosage, everything really. We discussed how bad I'm feeling on my current meds, he told me to lower my dosage of these for a week then start my new ones.

As usual we talked about serious things, he gave me some coping strategies if I feel like harming myself although I haven't, such as clapping, the butterfly thing I mentioned, the rubber band stuff and other things and he told me some analogies that I liked. I've tried the rubber band thing.

He also said that a patient told him recently that The Black Dog Institute have phone counselling and that patient found it helpful so I could look into that, and that if I have any concerns I can call the Telehealth office and they'll reach him. There was something I forgot to mention to him but it's okay, I'll tell him on the 30th.

I said to him I've been feeling really anxious, having flashbacks, no sleep, etc. and we discussed that too of course. I said I feel like I annoy him and I'm a burden and he said I don't annoy him and I'm not a burden.

I'm not trying to brag but I really am so thankful for him and for him doing that, it meant a lot to me and I thanked him. And I was putting myself down saying he doesn't care, I guess I was wrong, he was quite concerned today. I reassured him I haven't harmed myself but the thoughts are very dark, intrusive and more frequent and hard to fight but I'm trying my hardest.

He always smiles and puts me at ease and is so smart, he just has a kind, caring manner, he's never rude to me. He's helped me, truly.

Thanks all, I hope everyone's well. GP won't give me the prescription until she gets the report from him, fair enough, hopefully that's soon.

@Former-Member @Shaz51 @MDT @Dani1981 @Former-Member @Appleblossom @Sophia @TAB 

@outlander @Former-Member @Eucalypt @plasmo @Adge @Maggie @Peacefulsky 

@Former-Member @Faith-and-Hope @Snowie @Mazarita @Valentine @Jupiter @Sans911 

@greenpea @Scarecrowe @CheerBear @Scoo @TheVorticon @Tortoiseshell 

@eth @Eden1919 @Ochre @Whitehawk @Rainforest @nashy @Bill16 @NNY 

@DesertRat @Meowmy  @WriterMelb @Ant7 @Scribbles @Wenna @Bookworm 

@sherpa09 @Former-Member @theposterboy @BlueBay @Former-Member @jamesle2015  @Mika 

I hope no one minds me tagging them, update above, sorry everyone. Take care all.

just read your post @Former-Member  its not bragging to say you are thankful and appreciative? its normal Cat Happy thanks for sharing 

found you @Former-Member 

pleased to hear that you had your appointment and have begun thinking in other directions..

I sense that you have a lightness about you and that whichever path in life you choose to take, there will be a new journey for you with new beginnings.

You have already begun by finding us here.

Tag me in and I will follow when I am on here.

Sophia 🧡

@Former-Member 

All of that sounds really positive. I hear you with how bad the intrusive thoughts are atm. Hopefully the strategies he gave you will help a lot. 

take care💖

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance