SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

I had 2 different strains of the flu at once @Former-Member so was very unwell. By the time I made it to the doctor I couldn't stand up and my blood pressure was extremely high so she rang for an ambulance straight away. I spent the night in hospital and then the next 3 weeks in bed. I did manage to get to the doctor when I needed to but it was a effort. Then I had post-viral fatigue which lasted for well over a year. Combined with that was depression/anxiety and cptsd so all in all I was both mentally and physically a mess. I am still getting over the physical damage as well as the mental health - my muscles have all broken down with very little strength and I put on a lot of weight with the meds I was taking - I used to be quite fit so it is very different for me now. I resigned myself to the fact there was not much I could do about that for quite some time so the process to start gaining some strength and fitness is a very slow one. There are still days that I am so tired I can barely function so I have to be careful with what I do still. The aim for me was to get back to work and now that I am back on class it is about getting through this term. Everything else is on the backburner as I know pushing it too far is not good for both my mental and physical health. I have some other physical issues to factor in as well but for the most part they are under control now.

That was a long winded reply but pretty much sums up the last 3 years. It has been a real battle and one that is nowhere near where I hope to be again - but I am working on it. My gp keeps a really good handle on my physical wellbeing with regular check ups and blood tests and combined with my pdoc the mental things are covered - very lucky to have them working together to cover all bases Smiley Very Happy

I hope you managed to get in a little more sleep while hubby is asleep too Hon and that Holly snuggled in with you for cuddles.

Off to start pulling nails out of fence palings now - Toby will no doubt help lol

Catch up with you later Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thankyou so much for your kindness @Former-Member @Maggie @Gazza75 @Shaz51 @Zoe7 @CheerBear 

💖🌸

Your welcome @Former-Member , lovely to see you 🙂 💖🌸Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

I hope the meetings are going ok @Gazza75 🤗

@Former-Member, they are going alright.  One to go and then it's almost the weekend 🙂  How are you doing today?  I finished my little bee project last night 🙂

@Zoe7, watch out for splinters!  Old fences are troublesome! 

Have a good nap @Former-Member , it's nice to have you back. 🙂 Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Much the same @Gazza75 

Thanks for asking. Getting off prns and sleep meds, not so easy. But trying to be positive. 

Any weekend plans 

@Former-Member, I know the feeling a bit.  Coming off meds this side to, wish progress was a little more rapid and positive.  Not sure about the weekend, start a new painting, try and get out to the bush or the beach for a bit of a walk.  Head to the gym.  Have to fix the lights on my car.  Copped a fine last week for busted headlight ughgh 

How about you?

Former-Member
Not applicable

My plans. Um 😐 surviving. What state are you in. I’m in qld. 

Theres a festival on tonight. Not sure I’m up to crowds 

interisting reading about everyone’s travels. 

Thats my dream, when I’m well 

travelling always keeps the dream going. 

Ive been to New Zealand pacific islands Norway Sweden Finland Africa England. Everyone has been to England lol Canada um not sure where else 

@Former-Member, sounds like a good plan to Me 🙂

I'm in NSW.  Not sure I'm up for crowds much these days.  

I've enjoyed reading about peoples travels and adventures to.  

I was born in the UK, but, never been back, left when I was 7.

You've been lots of places Mumi 🙂

I usually follow the football on weekends to, I like most sports.  Don't enjoy

the footy as much as I used to.  I hate hearing about neck injuries now.  

Think I'd love to do a cruise to the pacific islands 🙂  Is that what you did?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Former-Member are you ok 👋💖

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance