SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

@Zoe7  Thanks. I had some hope last week when I spoke to my support worker. For some reason they changed to another support worker who isn’t showing any understanding at all. My lease here runs out in 8 weeks, so I will need either emergency accommodation or a tent. I’m refusing to sign up. Lol 😩😩😂😂😂

Nice to have your company. Your cold sounds awful. Did you manage any sleep/rest.??

8 weeks is not long @Maggie so I verym much hopethey find something for you much sooner than that Smiley Frustrated I would have you and little Mags come stay with me if I could Hon Heart I can definitely understand you not signing up again where you are - it has been nothing but dramas there for you and it has not been a place you feel at home. Smiley Sad

This cold has eased a little this morning. I didn't get a lot of sleep overnight but the medication helped ease the symptoms. My sinuses have cleared a little - don't feel like I am burning up and my nose has stopped running - so some good signs there. Very achy still but have the day off to rest up still.

Do you have anything on today Hon?

Morning @Zoe7 @Maggie @Shaz51 @Former-Member @outlander @Former-Member 🙂 Heart

Glad your feeling a bit better @Zoe7 .

Thanks for sharing your travel adventures @Former-Member , I'd love to go to Africa, but, not sure I ever will now.  When I was younger I dreamed of going on a surfing safari there and through Asia but it never eventuated.

@Maggie, coffee sounds good to Me.  On my first 'real' cup after a decaf earlier.  It's pretty ordinary coffee in the office though. ughgh 

I probably won't be round very much today, have several meetings on the agenda which is annoying for a Friday.  That's life though.  Take care everyone and have a good day.

Hope the meetings go okay and the day flies past for you @Gazza75 Catch up with you later Smiley Very Happy

Awww @Zoe7  you are a sweetheart. Yes the dramas here have been an eye opener to say the least. Unfortunately it’s just a money making organisation, people don’t matter, it’s obvious on many levels. I plan on packing some more stuff this week, just in case storage is my only option. It’s scary being faced with all this, putting it mildly. But I do hope something turns up for me. I keep getting different messages from whoever I’m talking to regarding the priority listing.

Sounds more like flu than a cold @Zoe7  . Good your sinuses have eased, and your temp is down. Rest up, though you don’t have any choice there. Toby and cat will be close by. My girl is on my knee as we speak, purple warm jacket on, looking very cute. 💜💕💜💜

@Gazza75  Hope the meetings aren’t too boring. Enjoy what you can of today. Here’s a coffee on your way.

You have had nothing but issues since moving in there @Maggie I totally hear you about it being about money rather than people - sadly so many of these places are just that which is unfortunate because it could have been so much better for you if people were put first - grr!!

I really hope you don't have to store things and find emergency housing Hon - even the thought of that is unacceptable Maggie - you deserve so much better ...as does everyone in our society. Homelessness should not be an issue in a supposedly civilised society and I personally find it completely unacceptable that more is not done in that area. Smiley Sad

It is just a cold Hon - have had the flu before - that is what sent me down the depression road a few years ago. I spent 3 weeks in bed after being sent to hospital by my GP. I was unable to do anything but feed the fur babies. I do feel like the worst has passed though this morning and even though I need to continue to rest I may be able to get some things done as well. I am not going to push it though - it is still important for me to rest. It is clear here today so I will try to get some of the fence palings off the trailer - even getting half off will help.

Little Mags sounds so cute in her purple jacket. I have a whole heap of jackets and jumpers for Toby but we don't go out anywhere these days for him to wear them. He doesn't need them at home because he snuggles into the doon or on his blanket in the warmth. He looks like a little shaggy rug himself lol

Former-Member
Not applicable

Morning @Maggie  ... yes thats true, to actually receive some relatively good news (hubbys cancer in remission) is somewhat of a change to all the bad news of late.  It is a big adjustment for my Dad.  He and Mum were married for 62 years, and its all he's known.  Mum was his carer in recent years as well, and he has lost that.  He is clearly lonely and at a loss all round.  Its always been very difficult for him on his own, even if mum was away for a night or two in hospital for example in the past.  It will take some time.  But the aged care people are lovely, and always go in and talk to him when they deliver his lunches each day.  I know he appreciates that.  Although a very shy man, he also loves a good chat with someone he is familiar with, about topic he is passionate about.  So thats something at least, knowing someone is there every day, even if only for 5 minutes when they deliver his daily meals.

I am glad you have your regular counsellor's co-worker to call on if needed.  Though I can fully understand your reluctance to involve someone you are not familiar with, or trust. Your accommodation issue is serious, and I totally feel for you about it.  Very much understand why you are worried about it all, and hope it doesnt come to needing to rely on storage.  Or living in a tent .. for that matter!  Gosh .. not that.  8 weeks is not long, so lets hope those housing people get their skates on and finally do something.  I guess there is one positive ... 8 weeks time, winter will be over.  🥶

I got used to daily frosts again while down staying with my Dad.  Every morning there was a nice crisp white frost.  I do love them, and actually miss them here. Though I think there was a mild frost here on one of the days I was away too.

I would join you for a cuppa, but same as @Zoe7 , I dont drink coffee.  Tea is my thing.  Zoe I'm happy indeed to hear that you are feeling somewhat better this morning.  Hope that continues.  Regarding coats for a furbabies ... my Holly has a pink and grey woolen pullover for cold days if she goes out or away.  She actually likes it, and when she sees me with it, she comes over and puts her little head into the head hole.  She is very cute in her little jumper. @Maggie 

@Gazza75  Meetings!  Yuk ... and on a Friday too ... how inconsiderate.  Hope it all goes smoothly, and that we get to see you once they meetings are all out of the way.  

@Former-Member  ... I am concerned about you sweetheart ... not seen you around in some time now.  Are you okay?

I must go, but will check back in later.  I need to go into town for the shops re chemist for hubbys scripts, etc.

Sherry 

Awww Holly is so cute @Former-Member 🐶 Toby sits still while I put his coats or jumpers on - have been 'dressing' him since he was a puppy though so he is used to it too. 

I am glad this cold seems to be improving too - I usually don't get over things so quickly so it is an indication that my immune system is building back up again - that is a great thing after how sick I have been over the last few years. I still find it hard walking up stairs or walking longer distances so my muscles are not great but that will come with time and more exercise. Winter is not great for getting outside though unfirtunately but once the warmer weather comes I will start going to the beach again.

Have to head out to the chemist myself later but am going to leave that until I can go into work after school to sort out the hermit crabs for the weekend. Hope you don't need to be out long Hon and can get some you time in today as well. Hugs Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yep @Zoe7  I'm back from the chemist, plus picked up a newspaper for hubby to read.  He likes to get the Friday paper if I'm in town to get it.  Gee Zoe, you really had a bad time of it a few years ago with the flu.  Must have really knocked you around.  Bring on the better weather so you can get to the beach I say!  No, I didnt have much to get in town, just chemist, paper and some fresh bread to make up some sandwiches for lunch.  But hubby isnt feeling so well today, no idea why, it just happens that way where he has a particularly bad day every few days. He has taken a strong pain killer and gone to bed, so his lunch will wait until he's back up again.  Thinking I might sneak off to bed for a catnap soon myself.  Just gotta hang out a load of washing first, which the machine should be beeping at me real soon.  I hope.  Yes my little Holly is very cute.  I look at her every day and think how lucky I am to have her. Dear little thing that she is.  Your Toby would look great in all his coats and jumpers I'd imagine.  Though with his naturally woolly coat, he probably doesnt need as much extra warmth as my Holly does.  Holly has virtually no hair on her chest and tummy, and only a very light natural coat.  So she does feel the cold.  But it sure makes bathtime easy!  Hardly the marathon task I expect it would be for you and Toby. Hugs back to you too @Zoe7  🤗

Thinking of you @Maggie @Former-Member 

Sherry 💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance