SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Taking the plunge

@Gazza75 ... just responding to your post to me this morning.

You're right about living solo not being a very good option for my Dad.  But he is back in town as of this morning, after spending a couple of nights at my brothers farm. Being on the farm is not ideal either you see, as its about 45mins out of town. At least he has Aged Care coming in every day with meals and to check on him. Plus someone once a week to help him with a shower, bed change, cleaning, etc. 

Yes hubbys results were in the most part good. Scans showed no evidence of more cancer, so thats the main thing anyway. Though the blood tests showed a problem with his kidney function, and he needs further tests for that next week. He only has one kidney after having kidney cancer which required that a kidney be removed some 8 or 9 years ago. So its important he takes good care of his remaining kidney, which is already on a go slow regime. He has chronic kidney disease in that remaining kidney.

I did mention to hubby last night when he kept insisting on talking about the triggering stuff (rape etc) that I didnt want to talk about it.  But he seems to see that as a red flag and becomes even more intent on talking about it. Sometimes I just walk out when he does that, and burst into a bundle of tears in private. But other times I try to stay as calm as possible and try to help him understand. Thing is, I dont think he really can, or ever will.  I dont think he's being deliberately cruel, though sometimes it feels that way.  But you're right ... I would prefer not to talk (or even think) about it ... ever! This paragraph is in response to your post to me this morning too @Former-Member  sorry it took a while to get back to you on this.

Sherry 💕

@Former-Member, will reply properly tomorrow, stuck on my phone now and don't do well with it. 💓💓💓🌹

Former-Member
Not applicable

Ha ha ... yes I totally understand that @Gazza75 .  I'm terrible on my little mobile phone as well.  I am quite a speedy touch typist, and find stabbing at a little mobile phone with one finger completely frustrating!  There is no hurry, in fact no necessity to reply at all if you dont wish to. 

Sherry 😊🌸

Image result for typing on a mobile phone

@Former-Member I can touch type to. I think that makes my phone troubles even worse. Lol 🙂 

That is good news with your husband @Former-Member  xxxx.

Great news about hubby's results @Former-Member Smiley Very Happy

As for him talking about things you would rather not talk about - totally get that Hon. He could never really understand how hard it is for you and that is evident in that he brings it up even when you have said you do not want to talk about it. Hearing you so much here Hon Smiley Sad

This cold has really taken hold today. Just had another sleep but couldn't breath properly so it wasn't at all restful. Going to be a long night I think.

Sending love to @Former-Member  @Maggie and @Shaz51 also Heart

Hi again @Gazza75 Smiley Very Happy

Goodnight everyone, take care and sweet dreams for later. 

now it is time to do some self care for you my @Former-Member  xoxo

@Former-Member  Some good news regarding Hubbys  health issues. It’s about time something good passed your way, small comfort I know, as there are still other family matters on going.

It will be a hard adjusting time for your dad, and what are the right words for such deep loss for all of you. 💜💕

Yes, Housing are giving me the run around, but I have my heels firmly dug in. I’m stubborn and though I’m very quite, I’m managing to hold my our here. 

My counsellor has a co worker who I can call on if necessary. I’m not at all good with someone new, but she is there if I need someone.

- 2 this morning. A lovely white frost, snow on the hills. Electric blanket on and second coffee coming up for anyone who would like to join me.

@Shaz51 @Gazza75 @Zoe7 @outlander @Former-Member 💕💕💕💕

I don't drink coffee @Maggie but more than happy to sit with you while you have yours Smiley Very Happy

It is good you have options - even if you do not do well with new people. It is also good you are digging your heels in Hon - you deserve more from housing but we know how deficient that area is in our state. Hopefully with the persistence you are showing it will eventuate for you soon - everything permanently crossed for you Maggie Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance