SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Dean1990
New Contributor

Feeling rock bottom

Hi all,

I the last 3 months of my life have been the hardest I have ever come across. I was involved in a hit and run accident at the start of February where I shattered my pelvis in several places, I have had time off of work since and am not dealing with things well. On top of trying to navigate things afterwards I have had a relationship breakdown and my partner has left me. I am really struggling with this as I cannot stop blaming myself,  I know that me using alcohol to try and cope with the relationship ending has been a huge factor. I do not have much of a support network and I am really struggling with things to the point where I am close to giving up. I have lived with depression and anxiety since a kid due to past trauma and I feel like my ex partner was one of the only people that understood me, now she is gone I feel so lost and don’t know what to do. Thankyou and please reach out if you need help too. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Feeling rock bottom

Welcome, @Dean1990 

I'm sorry to hear about your accident and your relationship loss 😢

@Dean1990 wrote:

I feel so lost and don’t know what to do

I'm wondering if you have any professional support, like a trusted GP or counsellor /psychologist? 

A handy forum tip is if you type @ and then click on a name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply.

I hope you find the forums supportive...

Hi @Dean1990 

I was going to say hope this finds you well, but bloody hell you have been through the wars!!

How are you medically, are you on the mend, and how are you coping in regards to everyday stuff.  Can you physically get around.  Would imagine you would qualify for some home assistance help.

Breakups are shitty and completely understand all the emotions you are going through because of it.  But on the plus side you know what you did wrong , you seem to be very self aware of your actions.

Hoping that you have some friends or family that you still interact with, let them know how you are feeling, people do rally round.

Take care of yourself 🙂

Hi @Dean1990 . How are you now? I think its time for you to make your mind. We are with you. And i should say that alcohol is not a solution for your problem. Whatever happened is over now. You should think about future and work for it. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance