SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Re: Chronic kidney disease & mental health

Such a lot happening for you @Shaz51 .I wish your forum family could cocoon you and give you a few days respite. 

Stay safe re the cyclone. It sounds as though your mum is in good hands, and mr shaz's tests are planned - his mh is bound to have some ups and downs. It sounds as though it was pretty intense for you yesterday. I trust your gp or someone is on top of it all and can help guide you.

The main thing is I hope you're as well and comfortable as possible, and that any changes are for your benefit. 

I don't seem to be getting email notifications at the moment but I'm barracking for you. Take care.

Aww thank you @Dimity , that would be lovely 😍 

Everything is under control,  it is just a waiting game which is playing with Mr shaz's MI today and a few things have not gone right for him today which has made him upset 

I am watching TV and on the forum,  going to have a shower soon 

Fingers crossed 🤞 for the cyclone tomorrow 

Hey there @Shaz51 💜🙂

thanks so much for the link to this thread. 
Having the opportunity to read through the challenges you face has been a privilege, thank you for sharing ❤️‍🩹🌺

I hope you’re doing ok with the dietary changes to support CKD and diabetes injections now? 💜

Complicated health is not only challenging from the bodily-function/unwellness perspective, there’s also the systemic mechanisms of health care that are not very conducive to individual health - which I feel adds lots to the difficulty of managing multifaceted health needs as well as the extension of timeframes it takes to get help (both physical and mental health support, diagnosis, and treatments). 
There’s also the very important aspect of being a carer, where health needs can get left by the wayside when caring. 
And all the other stuff to keep life ticking over..work, family, social/recreation, down time, etc. 

I hope you don’t mind I mention it, however I find your resilience an inspiration, and very much honour this because despite the moments where things can become very hard, reading these posts I see you rise up over and over again 🌺🙌🏻🙂

As a fellow ‘complex health’ individual, your story has great value and connection 🙂

Thank you again for sharing 🌺☺️

PinkFlamingo 🦩

Hello @Former-Member , thank you for your message 😊 

I was born with CRS which is Congenital rubella syndrome which affected my eyes, ears , born with a horseshoe kidney and a cataract 

My father emotionally and mentally and physically abused me until mum and I left 

Mum has always bestilled in me that I can do anything 

With having CKD and diabetes,  Osteoporosis and osteoarthritis now , finding a balance is ongoing 

@Dimity , @tyme , @Jacques , @StuF 

I think your mum was right @Shaz51 

You're an inspiration @Shaz51 . Thank you for sharing. Hope you are okay with sharing. Feel free to reach out to us if you want a debrief or anything team@saneforums.org

Hey there @Shaz51 💜

no worries - I hope you feel like you’ve got a new friend 🙂🌺

I’m really sorry to hear about the difficulties you face and have faced, however I do believe your mum had some very wise words to share there 🙂💜🤗

Starting out life with a series of serious complications, as well as surviving abuse, and overcoming these, is no easy feat - the resilience you have and show here is just incredible, and I’m so inspired by you ❤️‍🩹☺️🙌🏻

Yes; I can see how finding balance is like trying to kick a ball through moving goalposts, however the fact that you continue to keep kicking is what matters, and what rightly deserves to be acknowledged 🙂💜

🦩🙋🏻‍♀️

Hey there @tyme 

Thanks for your post - it’s given me another perspective 🙂..if you have any tips or feedback for me, please feel free 🙂🌺💜

Absolutely my friend ❤️ @Former-Member 😊

All good here My @tyme 😊