SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

Goodnight @Zoe7 😴

I am really stressed about the assignment @outlander. But I'm often like this anyway with study. The assignment is due the week after my surgery so I'm trying to get it submitted before. An extension would just hinder my next assignment. That happened last semester which impacted on my exam. I think I'll get there. Just got to keep plugging away. But I'm easily distracted.

What is your appointment tomorrow (if you want to say)?

No, I don't have much on tommorow. My usual morning walk, physio after lunch and a catch up with my mh case manager. And assignment writing of course :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Ah i see @Sans911 keep at it, you will get there. Sentence by sentence if you have to.

Is your surgury only 2(?) Weeks away now? I know its fast approaching now

Tomorrows one is the gynae. I have been ok till today and tonights abit harder to manage. Finding it quite triggering more so since its a male. No offense to him of course, just makes me more uncomfortable. I started new meds 3 days ago and im getting rib pain- its only started after i took whats now the third dose but hoping itll go by tomorrow.

Sheesh when you said not much i was expecting just the assignment but you listed more lol.

I would be uncomfortable if it was male too @outlander. But he should have a female chaperone with him. If not, insist on one. I tend to think of doctors like this (much like my nursing) - they have seen so many people's 'bits' before they don't really mean anything & hardly worth getting excited over them. They're just another part of the plumbing. Hope that gives you a giggle.

My surgery is 10 days away now. I've not thought about that much in the last few days as my head is filled with assignment work. Which is probably a good thing.

Yeah, most days of the week I have something on. Sunday and Monday are my free days. It will certainly feel weird after my surgery to be doing nothing much at all.

Lol yes i did giggle at your comment 'part ofthe plumbing' 😂 that is one way to put it. @Sans911

Im more worried about the tests he may order and the results. Abit more daunting since its in a hospital setting where i know people who work within there plus beingin a local area too. Just abit nerve wracking and overwhelming.

10 days isnt very long but i guess you are right. Being preoccupied has probably been a good thing.

Youll have to pick out some new tv shows and movies to watch. And a book or 2 to read. Maybe crosswords or findawords if thats something you might be able to manage

Lil sis hugs for you just cause 💜

Im not keeping you awake am i? @Sans911

I have plenty of books to read lil Sis @outlander that I keep borrowing or renewing from the library and not getting around to reading them. Netflix always has new shows coming up, so I've started to save a few of those too. And a friend has kindly given me some magazines to read. I also have colouring books too. Plenty of options. And I'll probably only get around to doing half of them!

Hopefully when you go to the hospital tommorow no one will see you and you'll be in and out of there. Hugs for you too from your Big Sis.

Nope, you're not keeping me awake. I've taken my sleeping tablet so waiting for it to kick in. I'd tell you if I had to go, but it's nice to catch up with you.

@outlander

They sound like good options to me. @Sans911 i think your abit like me with even when sick or injured or having to recover i go stir crazy very quickly. Hopefuly that wont happen for you to much.

Im hoping to get in and out quickly but not to quickly as thorough is good too. I dont like going to appointments when it feels like a waste of mine and their time.

Thank you i could use some of those hugs

Ok as long as im not keeping you up. Its going to be a long night here. Every time i close my eyes i panic and cant breathe. I not long ran out of my lavender too. I wouldve put that into the diffuser. Will get some in the coming days i think. @Sans911
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance