SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Jack13
New Contributor

Living with scitzophrenia

Just had some time to post as I just lost another job.  Probably too many days off while I circled the drain.  I lasted six months which is the longest in 6 years since my diagnosis.  It’s a constant struggle but nothing compared to the phantom pain I endured in the first 2 years after my diagnosis.  Absolute agony to go with the serial killer in my head.  Anyway after 6 years I’m 90% recovered no more msgs from tv and radio, the anxiety and paranoia are basically gone, off the antidepressants.  Just need to shake the odd bad day.  There is hope people.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Living with scitzophrenia

Hi @Jack13,

Welcome to the forums 🙂 I hope you find this to be a supportive place.

It's good to hear that you're doing well now ❤️

Sorry to hear that you lost your job @Jack13 .  Oh I forgot to say welcome to the forums, you'll meet a lot of people who have experienced similar life experiences, we all support each other in getting through stuff.

You seem very self aware of yourself which is a rare commodity these days. You have mentioned a whole lot of positives in your life which is great to hear.

Hope this finds you well

Hey @Jack13 Welcome to the forums

I'm sorry to hear about your job but that is also pretty awesome working there the longest you have in 6 years, that is a great silver lining.

Thanks for sharing how things are going for you and that things do get better, I'm really happy to hear all that. 

We all have the odd bad day but it's how we overcome them that counts.

it was nice to meet you!

Welcome @Jack13  Sorry you’ve lost your job. Hopefully another will come about for you soon. I’m really happy for you that you’re recovering so well from your diagnosis and that you continue to go from strength to strength. 🙏

Hi @Jack13,

Just like the lovely @lavenderhaze@Asgard@MermaidHair and @Krishna have already done, I too would like to welcome you to the Forum. I know I'm not alone in hoping that you feel welcome and find this a supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to see that you've recently lost your job, but the fact that you have acknowledged that it was the longest you've had one in the last 6yrs since your diagnosis is an absolute strength. And that is something you should be proud of.

Congratulations on your recovery!! 🥳
🎉

And thank you for reminding all of us about the importance of remaining hopeful… With all of us experiencing different mental health challenges it's easy to forget.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

defaultusername

Welcome to the forums @Jack13 ,

Thank you for sharing. Good on you in terms of your recovery! I can relate to MH having it's 'days', yet good on you for taking care and focusing on your recovery.

We are here to support you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance