SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // How do you support yourself through the festive season // Tues 11 Dec, 7pm AEDT

The only trouble with doing that @Robert_Lifeline is thst yiu then have to repeat the story 

yeah I have used lifeline chst online quite a bit lately dnd most likely during Christmas break. 

Re: Topic Tuesday // How do you support yourself through the festive season // Tues 11 Dec, 7pm AEDT

This is really painful @Razzle Isn't it sad how sometimes society finds grief so confronting. Have you ever heard of compassionate friends?

They have a centre in most states. Could be some good support for you, as their staff have lived experience which I tend to find really helpful. Heart  Sending you love.

@Jumpingcactus There is no shame in not being ok. I hope you can develop self-compassion around this 🙂

I totally get “the mask” @Razzle 

we csn have our own forum Christmas party ❤️❤️

I feel for you. Xx

@Former-Member That’s a hard one! I can’t answer that. Welcome to suggestions.

@BlueBay Yes, good point - it might help you if you call again, to focus more on your feelings or give an abridged version of your story, just enough for the crisis supporter to understand your position?

@Former-Member  Self compassion, I’ve never considered that.  The only thing I do that makes me feel ok is to buy presents for the Wishing Tree.  Always buy for a 9yo boy, and I also buy for a woman, something I know I’d love to receive.  I can’t stand the thought that someone else is missing out, not feeling cared for, I know how it feels and I don’t want anyone else to feel that way.

@Former-Member, no I haven’t heard of them - Thankyou, I will check them

out

Thsts really nice @Razzle

I’m going to go thst this year 

@Razzle  That is very kind of you

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance