SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Join us for our online mindfulness group // Tues 26th May, 7-8.30pm AEST // Guest facilitator: SANE Counsellor, Amour_Et_Psyché!

@Former-Member'I continue to have an open heart' made me feel kind of vulnerable, but also a sense of connectedness.

@Kritika @NatureLover  @Nong1990 @Shaz51 @Former-Member ...

Re: Join us for our online mindfulness group // Tues 26th May, 7-8.30pm AEST // Guest facilitator: SANE Counsellor, Amour_Et_Psyché!

Hi @Former-Member Heart I felt a little sadness and grief at first and got stuck into a space where I was feeling bad for my part in a relationship interaction where a family member and I have become estranged. However, I think it is so important to name that and realise when you are feeling that sense of shame. Shame tells you “I’m a bad person.” It does not separate your actions, thoughts and words from you essence or “being.” It keeps you trapped in thinking that the “bad” things you said, did or thought is who you are; thus, making you believe you cannot change. Conversely, forgiving yourself allows you the room to grow and transform into the person you want to be. This is why self-forgiveness is so important! For this reason, when I named that sense of shame and was able to separate that from who I am, it made me feel a sense of relief and hope.

i am so hurt everyday by the thougts and words and feelings i feel by hearing voices its just a constant chatter everyday and night for years together that hearing it just realised that i have feelings too and this mantra applies to me too and that i miss myself .

@Former-Member wrote:

Kind of makes you realise how much influence the brain has over the body hey?

@Former-Member yes, so true.

@frog beautiful thank you for sharing this Heart integrating the rawness and sense of connection.. yin/yang. Thank you @frog 

@Kritika most definitely it applies to you Heart You're not alone and we all hear you, our community is here to support you in the journey. After the event you're most welcome to start a discussion here if you'd like to gain support from some of our forum users. Many manage voices too, we're all here to listen and support you. Thank you for sharing @Kritika Heart

@Former-Member, @Former-Member , @NatureLover@Kritika@frog 

my whole self just went , melted 

The melty feeling! @Shaz51 the best.

@NatureLover @Kritika @Former-Member @frog and others reading along, onto our next discussion point!

During the meditation...How often did you find your mind pulling you into re-hashing the past?

Hi @frog Smiley Happy I too felt that sense of vulnerability at first and then the connectedness! 

Here with you @Kritika - it sounds like this meditation brought up an unrecognized sense of grief and a sense of self that was lost. That is so hard! Smiley Sad It sounds like you had that recognition of I'm still in here and I matter too - and YOU do 100% matter @KritikaHeart

I forgave myself for a few things in the meditation @Former-Member 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance