SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Sharni-lea
Contributor

Struggling bpd, adhd, anxious and depressed loved one

I am struggling in my relationship with a bpd partner. Is anyone here to discuss living in a bpd relationship and how you support yourself and them and what's what re choice and not choice behaviour. Like what are they choosing and what do they not have control over. Never suffered physical violence, threats or nastiness, yet very emotionally abusive, can be manipulative, a victim and can gaslight. Together 11 years, resteospectively a rough 18 months maybe, with the last 5 months being hell slowly getting worse and worse. People without bpd exposure just think it's all a player. I honestly believe it's mental health

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Struggling bpd, adhd, anxious and depressed loved one

Hello @Sharni-lea 

There is a thread called Partner with BPD if you like to clink on the link it will take you to the thread , i will also tag you there too 

@Chook_ @Bee36 

Hi @Sharni-lea , BPD is absolutely a mental health condition but it does not give somebody a right to be emotionally abusive towards you. I encourage you to set firm boundaries and to leave your partner if they can't improve themselves. They are responsible for their actions and behaviours. They need to get help.

Bdp is a tough one. I don't enjoy dealing with one because people with bdp does my head in. If breaking up with the partner isnt an option, you'll end up breaking your soul. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance