SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not Coping

Hey @Jynx  The Body Keeps The Score.. I’ve recently been given two copies of this book, and now I’ve read your post, I do believe it’s time I should open those pages ☺️🙌🏻🌺

have a lovely evening, catch you next time 🙂💜

Re: Taking a Break

@ENKELI  We will keep the light on for you and we will all be waiting for you to get home.

G

Right okay. It just hurts so much. It's one of the worst things to feel. I need to not let rejection get to me, but it constantly does. I hate it. I feel so bad knowing that person is taking a back re family issues. She has a lot more going on than me, and here I am crying over her leaving for a bit. This whole thing makes me so sad. I hope I haven't upset @ENKELI.

I have a class from 11:30 to 12:30, then I have to rush back to my room, do my exam, have a quick lunch, and go again to see my psych at 2:30. Then I have a class at 5:30. I'll see how I feel about whether I will attend that one. 

What are you doing today? @PinkFlamingo 

@PinkFlamingo I love listening to nature sounds too, it relaxes me. I’m very sensitive to sounds and music, I have to be careful or I’ll end up more anxious and distressed.

Maybe I need to give others the opportunity. It may take time for me to feel safe in a romantic relationship, but I struggle to feel fully safe with anyone. I’ve just had lots of social anxiety since I was a kid that it can be really hard. If a guy wanted to rush in a marriage I would take that as a red flag, I need to go slowly.

I hope you are doing well today 💖

Hey @ENKELI 

I know you might not read this, and you don't need to reply back until you are ready, but I just want to say how much you mean to me and that I'm here for you. 

I hope I didn't upset you with my posts last night. I was upset with you for taking a break. I've just been looking over some posts and didn't realise we only connected in December last year on the 3rd. I cannot believe that, as I thought I'd known you way longer than that, but I guess that shows how deep our friendship and connection to each other is. 

I do hope everything goes okay with your dad, and I'm very sorry about your aunt. I will keep thinking about you and look forward to when we can chat again. I will miss you deeply, but I understand you need this time to work on everything that is going on in your life. 🫂🥰🌸💖

Birdofparadise8_4-1713315630018.gifBirdofparadise8_5-1713315725456.gif

Lots of love @Birdofparadise8 

Yeah, it’s hard @Birdofparadise8 💜🌺

I wish there was something I could say to help, however I really don’t think @ENKELI  would in any way be upset with you; ENKELI really cares about you which is beautifully evident in their posts to you 🙂🤗🌺

The sensitivity you have to changes like this is understandable considering the vulnerability you’ve kindly explained before around these kinds of events, and I just want you to gently remember that our ENKELI will be back when they have a bit less going on 🙂🌺

in the mean time, I want to kindly remind you that all your other SANE Forum friends are right here - holding space for you, and sitting with you - still providing that same care and consideration for you, because you matter dearest 💜🙂🌺

wow, today is a busy day! 
I hope it goes ok, especially the exam and visit to your psych. 
take care, have some food and drink to keep you going sweets 🙂🌺

im online on and off most of the day, busy with an advocacy community of practice (where a bunch of systemic and policy change advocates jump online and talk shop about how to make things better), and then a supervision workshop presented by the professional association im a student member of, and then an indigenous kids in out of home care workshop, where I am trying to grow knowledge and advocacy skills in this area (so attending these workshops informs a lot on background understanding for effective and meaningful advocacy) 🙂🌺

mesage anytime if you’d like to and I’ll reply later on 💜🙂🌺🤗

Yes nature is so soothing @creative_writer 💜☺️🌺

that location I was at has no sound besides birds, trees, and the sound of some insects softly in the background. It’s so lovely. 
I was thinking to buy a microphone and plugging it into my phone to record it, so I can play it at home 🙂

yes that does make sense, giving others an opportunity, however as you’ve rightly described, this is very challenging sometimes because of our need of feel safe, and as you have so eloquently said, some people need to feel that sense of safety as a higher priority 💜🙂

The ability for a potential partner to understand and give space for you needs is very important, and there are some fundamental things that I believe shouldn’t be diminished when they impact on a person. Like, feeling safe and taking your time. Those things are important, so when a guy takes that into consideration then that’s a great start for the rest of the relationship 🙂

this is just what I have observed and experienced in my own marriage and relationships with people. Even in my friendships, I hold space for those fundamental things that my friends need as their cornerstones of trust and safety 🌺🙂

I hope that is helpful in some way sweetheart 💜☺️

my day is ok thanks - just in between web stuff.. just finished a community of practice gathering online for systemic and policy change advocates where we discuss barriers to the inclusion of lived experience in any systemic or policy change, so the needs of the people concerned are well and truly heard 🌺🙂

it’s very interesting, where we share our skills and learn new ones 🙌🏻☺️

I hope your day is going well? 🙂🌺

Hey @PinkFlamingo 

Thank you. I know all that is true. It's just hard. 

I was even getting emotional writing the post to ENKELI this morning. 

Yeah, I just finished my exam. I ran out of time, so I went through as many questions as I knew, ticked them off and did random ones for others. It's better than not answering. I really needed more time. I didn't know there would be photos in there, so I was trying to find the info I needed for them. It was an open book. 

Okay well I'm about to leave now to see my psych at 2:30 I hope I get there in time. I'm so stressed I need to calm down and once I get there it will be okay. 

I understand @Birdofparadise8 🫂💜🌺

I know it’s easy for me to say, however please do be kind to yourself for feeling the way you do - and remember we all care for you and are here to support you without an ounce of judgement 🙂🌺

I’m sorry there wasn’t enough time for the exam… I think your strategy to just give a response for the ones not addressed is better then leaving any blank 🙌🏻🙂

and I hope your appointment goes ok - you’ll be able to settle once you get there sweetness 💜🙂🌺

Thanks @PinkFlamingo 

I just got here. 

I'll be back in a bit over an hour and I'll let you know how things went. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance