SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Fiona5
New Contributor

Mental health

Im on mental health and i shouldnt be

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Mental health

I need to come off mental health

Hello @Fiona5 

Welcome to the Sane forum.  I hope more people reply to your post.  There all sorts of people and some staff from Sane.

I hope you get some benefit from meeting others and sharing as you feel comfortable.

Being on mental health can be tricky.

Take Care

Apple

Hey @Fiona5 ,

I’m hearing you. Is there something you are doing to work towards moving away from MH?

Hi @Fiona5 . Welcome to the forums!🙂

If I understand you correctly, you want to get out of therapy?

That can be tricky, can't it?

Has your therapist given you any indication as to what they want your life to look like? If so, it might be an idea to start giving them the idea that your life is just the way they want it to be.

My therapist was always obsessed with my financial situation. Then, one day, she decided that I had enough money and that I didn't need therapy anymore. It seems so obvious in hindsight, but if I had just lied to her about my financials and made myself out to be wealthy early in the treatment, I could've been rid of her so much earlier, and spared myself a whole lot of grief.

The lesson I took away is: Know what your therapist wants, and cater to it. Once they've "fixed" you to their design, they let you go, IME.

Hey there 🙂. More information would be pretty kewl, but, if you believe you have been unnecessarily placed "in the cue", surely there was an initial reason!? I'm not keen on the advice of essentially being deceptive with your watcher,.. it will bite you, believe me. 

Once upon a time, I knew a person whom only had issues with car windows and swore the "feds" were constantly there in the shadows, let alone the demons. Not to mention the audible hallucinations and increased visual hallucinations after partaking in certain party additives. Was generally quite violent. Anyway, after being placed on the depot, calmed down.. mostly a normal person. 

Some months later and after successful deception, this person got removed from the good person shot. This, all after admitting that the hallucinations had disappeared.. claiming that it was simply a case of no longer being followed. Proper paranoid schizophrenia.. as diagnosed by their therapist.

The most unfortunate part; they had no idea of the difference between the depot and their version of reality. Then, the delirium and violence recommenced. And, why, after such diagnosis, were they taken off the medication after successful treatment for 6 months, is it suddenly okay to remove it? What.. is schizophrenia temporary nowadays? Lol

I live with schizophrenia. It does not come n go. It is my life. I have adapted. Sure, much destruction in my earlier years.. but, now I am aware, I exist and I cope, without medication.

If you truly believe you are either wrongfully placed on a mental health order or you can cope without, I support and encourage you to be strong and make a stand. They're only human mate.  But, be careful,.. be absolutely sure you're either ready or you're in the wrong basket; your memories would not appreciate the potential damage to self and/or people around you.

All the best. 😉

And think of this; humans state that they're always learning from past mistakes, but they rarely have a clue of the next few years. Only several thousand years to learn from, but what is my next decade? 🤔

That is the standard format of our greatest minds. Also, psychology n psychiatry are still fields of learning.. and will be for quite some time. Why would you suggest treatment is constantly changing? 

I know of a great mind,.. a psychiatrist, whom is challenging the field and is one of the first to admit it is majority flawed. This human is well published and now, unfortunately retired, but still countering their so-called peers in the field.

So, unless you honestly can't tell the difference between a bee and a wasp.. let alone whether it was a blue sky, on Earth.. I think you'll be fine. Don't fret too much.

We are greater when we accept we are... and Brussels sprouts are excellent. Otherwise, you are dead set crazy. 

😎

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance