SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Medication and Hospital

@Findingmyway totally sounds like hospital is the best option for you. You are dealing with some heavy stuff that I have absolutely no experience of, so can only offer you sympathy and understanding in knowing how tough some of this crap is. Again, let us here know how you go, if you need support log in here while you are in hospital.

I have been trying medications from GP and now from a spychistrsits and i agree. Its hard to find the right balance, its hard to get past some of the really bad side effects. But you can and will do it. Sometimes i think its best to find the one with the least issues then take it till you habituate and adjust to them. Thats the best advice i can offer on that line.

With regard to hopsital. Thankyou to everyone who offered him advice. as i am myself scared about having an episode bad enough or just needing to go into hospital. It firghtens me greatly. Yet, it seems that many people have had positive experiances. That gives me hope and i hope it gives findingmyway hope as well !

Well finding my way is like crawling through a jungle! I have been trialling and withdrawing at home now for months and am at the end of my rope! Not once was it suggested to have a case manager to assist myself and my family... We have been left high and dry by gp's and psychiatrists! Finally, someone stepped in and took control and within a week has found a suitable service that could help and it is a public hospital... I'm so disappointed that I have had to struggle along for this long, subjecting my family todo much heartache.. Disappointed in my healthcare professionals as I needed them to get me well, not prolong my struggle... Hopefully this will be looking up for me soon... 🙂

It can be exhausting to find a good doctor to trust. And sooooo time consuming. Ive found that when i go " doctor shopping" in my introductions i tell the doctor first what I want them to do for me. ( i can not push this phase enough) then my goals and my life style, then my issues that need to be addressed. Depending on their response to this is weather i continue to see them or ask them to be my GP.

Also the ticking clock- time itself. can be the worst thing to be watching when your working through tough times. Please pat your self on the back for all your recent positives and achievements. Even if their small. Think of your self confidence as a balance beam- if you put too much negative on one side- that where you will tip. So even little things like " hey, i didnt sleep in today" can count as a positive to help you stay confident in working on long term goals

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance