SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Lacking direction, unsure of what I need to do and generally just fed up.......

Hi @MDT . I read that you've been having a bit of trouble but I also read that you've been utilising your coping strategies. Well done, my forumite friend👍. I know lately when I've been feeling stressed, I try to write down the emotion in a descriptive sort of way and I fi d that helps. I've only recently gotten back into writing and I'm amazed at how great and therapeutic it is. I used to love English as a subject in high school, especially when it came to creative writing, as it was 1 of my favourite activities in class to do. 
Have you tried the app called Calm? I was put into it a few years ago by a mental health worker and found it to be really helpful. I'm pretty sure it's free as well which is great. Just a suggestion that's all.

I hope things settle down for you friend. 

Stay safe and look after yourself. 

Judi9877☺️🍀

Re: Lacking direction, unsure of what I need to do and generally just fed up.......

G'day @MDT ,

I hope your day is going well 🌞

@MDT  Chamomile tea has very good calming qualities 🌞 my sister drinks it to help her sleep,( when she's not drinking tequila)😁

Hi @Judi9877

Not bad idea hey

I will check that out. I have actually been writing about politics and economics. It's something I can quite easily pour myself into.

Hope you have had a nice day

Camomile. @Schitzo
I will have to check that out m friend. Peppermint has been my go to recently and so has

Hi @MDT . Politics and Economics huh? Not a bad combination considering politics is involved in money in all sorts of ways. When I did my BA, I majored in Public Policy and Sociology, the legal side of politics. Even now, I'm messing in it with my psychology degree as I get to study indigenous issues and the politics around that as the degree also covers sociology as well. I do find politics interesting and was able to work on the federal election last year as a voting official for the day which I really enjoyed. It was great seeing how the voting day happened from setting up the booth to dealing with voters and then assisting in counting in counting the votes at the end of the night. I will admit that this whole covid thing has been quite political with border closures and heee in Melbourne especially, our economy has greatly suffered due to lockdown issues on businesses and in the future, people who have left the state because of what has happened. Have you thought of linking coronavirus with politics and economics? That would definitely be an interesting peice to read!

Okay! That's it for me. I really look forward to seeing how you progress with your writing and your issues, forumite. I wonder if there is a discussion thread on the forums that discuss writing ideas as I think it could help lots of forumites deal with things like you are doing now. I wish you all the best.

Stay safe!

Judi9877🍀👍

As a form of therapy yes I do believe you are right @Judi9877 as something to write about

Yeah the intersection between politics and economics. I'm particularly interested in the relationship with China and what it means for Australia. It's interesting to me that Australia never traded extensively with the USSR until its dying day. We seem to be trading with China at the height of its authoritarian grasp on power. This inquiry into the origins of COVID19 has really ticked off the Chinese and I suspect that it will remain that way for some time. There will be some hard lessons for our policymakers I think - those who looked to China too much for business links and trade links. Of course, are they really to blame given that policymakers are the ones who saw a mirage on the desert horizon in China? The idea that Australia could trade extensively with an authoritarian power like China only ever stemmed from the idea that it would liberalise its trade relations over time and open itself up - a silly idea in hindsight.

Had a big meal. Not gonna go anywhere tonight despite an offer. Plus next weekend I have plans.

Felt a bit sick too. So took a shower.
Just trying to wind down and not think about anything that is bugging me

Had an easy evening which has been good. Might even go to bed soon. Maximum sleep I hope.

Gonna play a game for a bit then call it a day I think

@MDT hey Hamza, glad you are okay. Just came home from a birthday party. Know what you mean about amxiety with people socially. Have a good night. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance