SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

KFPDW
Contributor

I have been bullied for so long :(

Like the title says, I have been bullied for so long. I'm so sick of other people making me feel bad about myself and what I enjoy. And the fact I feel powerless against them. And if I try to defend myself, then I am made out to be the bad guy. 😞 It's like they always have power over me and make me feel small. I feel like their negative voices are in my head, always at me. Ready to tear down whatever makes me feel happy. I hate feeling this way. I never know what to do. Anything I say or do is laughed at.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: I have been bullied for so long :(

@KFPDW I'm so sorry to hear that this is something you're going through. Bullying is truly awful, no one deserves to go through that. 

Who is perpetuating this bullying against you? School/workplace bullying is a serious issue and very much worth reporting. Do you have any close friends, family, or professional mental health support who you can talk to about what you're going through? 

Sitting with you. 

@Jynx My dad and sister have been the main source of bullying and during high school and part time work, I have been bullied for being myself and shut down constantly. I do have friends and mental health support but I am unable to see them regularly. I try to talk to my Mum but because my sister is giving her a hard time too, it's hard to talk about it with Mum because she's concerned for my sister as she is going through a hard time hence why she is lashing out.

@KFPDW oh wow, coming from your own family is really hard. I'm glad you do have some support in your mum and from mental health services. You can also always give 1800respect a call if you need to talk it through with someone, they're really great. 

Are there places where you feel you can truly be yourself? 

Thanks for the suggestion regarding 1800respect. I'll give them a try and see how I go. That's promising to hear that they are great to talk to.

I do try to find places where I can be myself. But I feel like the negative voices of all the people who have bullied me keep cropping up in my mind. Like intrusive thoughts and it feels like they keep messing with my head even though they're not actually here. I do try my best to block it out but it's not easy.

I hope it's helpful for you to be able to chat about what you're going through with them @KFPDW. You can also call SANE on 1800 187 263 (Mon-Fri, 10am-8pm) to chat to one of our counsellors. Sometimes just being able to vent, feel heard, and receive acceptance and validation can do absolute wonders. 

I'm sorry that their voices keep swirling around your brain. That's really tough. Sometimes if we hear something said to us enough times, we begin to believe it. A good way to counter this is with things like positive affirmations. E.g. reminding yourself of your worth, that their words aren't your truth, and that you are the only one who gets to decide who you are, stuff like that. 

Journalling might also be helpful - it can be a great way to get stuff out of the brain and onto some paper. If you write out some of the things said to you, then write some counter points or ways that those things aren't true, it's also another way to create affirmations that you can keep in mind whenever someone is cruel to you. 

Hey.

Yeah, SANE has been great to talk to for sure. And thanks, it is hard to deal with those voices. I think because I heard it enough times, that's why it's sticking so much in my head, the negative stuff. Trying to counter that with positive stuff is a good idea. I can do that. Thanks for the great advice. It really helps. And you're right, talking to people makes all the world of difference. Thank you for taking the time to listen to what I had to say. You helped me feel better. 🙂

You're super welcome @KFPDW, warms my heart to know that it's been helpful for you. We're here for ya along this journey 😊💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance