SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Samantha82
Contributor

Coming out

I'm finding it hard to come out to friends and family about my sexuality liking men and my gender being Trans. I don't feel attracted to women anymore 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Coming out

Hi @Samantha82 

I'm sorry to hear that you are finding it so hard to come out to family and friends. That must be very distressing for you.

Whatever gender you are and/or associate with, it is your choice. 

I know there are others on here that will be able to give you really good advice and be able to relate a lot better then me.

Please know that you are always welcome on here and accepted for who you are, regardless of your choices. 

It has been very hard at times 

Hi @Samantha82 🙂

It sounds like you're going through a really challenging time, and I want you to know that it's completely okay to feel the way you do. Coming out about your sexuality and gender identity can be incredibly difficult, especially when you're not sure how others will react.

Your feelings and identity are valid and deserve respect, regardless of anyone else's opinions. It's important to take things at your own pace and only share when you feel comfortable and safe to do so.

If you're feeling overwhelmed, it might be helpful to seek support from trusted friends, family members, or a support group for LGBTQ+ individuals. You don't have to go through this alone, and having a supportive community can make all the difference.

Above all, be kind to yourself during this process. You're taking an important step towards living authentically, and that's something to be incredibly proud of. ❤️ I hope you find forums a safe space for you to connect with others.

Hey @Samantha82 , coming out is something that has no time limit and you can do however and whenever you feel comfortable. What's making you want to come out now? 

I want to come out now because I don't want to keep lying to myself and to others about how I feel

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance