SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

SergioCalavero1
New Contributor

Am I crazy? Are you? Are they?

Crazy people don't know they're crazy right?

So doubting myself and my sanity is a sign of positive self adjustment or cry for help?

I've been told I can be me, then five minutes later I'm being accused of being cranky, distant, or just weird. 

Sometimes I realise I'm in another room when the last thing I remember was peeling potatoes for dinner. Or was the life of the party when I swear I went to bed early, I really just think my friends arr taking the crap out of me. I have a stable job which I love, even though I broke up with my girlfriend I move forward despite the yucky crap 

I've looked into bipolar disordrs and multiple personalities etc but it scares me to think I'm nuts, and that I've been obnoxious or crass, or offending even damaging to ppl.

It just feels like there's no option, or care if you feel bad these days. You get treated like an ant interrupting a picnic.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Am I crazy? Are you? Are they?

@SergioCalavero1  Welcome to the forum :). The first thing I would do if I were you would be to see your trusted gp who may refer you onto a psychologist and a psychiatrist.  Dont worry stress doesnt help. Take care. greenpeax

Hi @SergioCalavero1 I'm sorry to hear that you're doing it tough atm.

Welcome to the forum. A lot of people turn up here when things are not great. It has helped me a lot because there are people here who have had similar experiences.

My view on 'crazy' is that whether you fit the criteria for some mental illness or whatever, they key is insight. If you have insight you can start to look for ways to make things better.

I 100% agree with @greenpea - it's a good idea to touch base with a trusted gp. The single most common reason people see a gp is mental health, so if you have a good one it won't be new/news to them and you can be honest with them. If you don't find the first one any good, keep looking. The good ones are out there, and they are worth their weight in gold.

Take care.

Personally,  I think the answer is we all are crazy in this crazy world. 
but I try not to use this word in the context of mental illness to avoid stigma. 

but I agree with @frog self awareness , insight, self acceptance and a dash of humour has been a recipe for living well for me as well as support @greenpea  from health professionals that you get your world view. 
@SergioCalavero1  peacefulness and calm to you. 

Yes. Reality orientation is a symptom of "sanity" (I haven't really checked. But, one would think)

Ummmm. I suppose you could theoretically worry about "psychological hypochondria", but even if that were the case, you could call that its own issue, so you're good.

Seems like you do have symptoms though. Losing time is no small thing. It must have gone ...... somewhere. I must admit I'm fascinated.

There's a fair range of lived experience on this site though. Good place to search for stories and support-portals. Not sure what I'd recommend specifically but I'm thinking about it.

Former-Member
Not applicable

dogPuzzledGIF.gif

WE'RE ALL JUST A LITTLE BIT CRAAAAAAAAZY LOL🤣

@SergioCalavero1  sorry you feel like an "ant at a picnic" (brushed off I guess). Yes, its good you're questioning yourself now and then, but please leave the MH diagnosis to the professionals. Are you seeing anyone? Get a CARE-PLAN from your GP and have a few visits with a psychologist. You could be under a lot of internal stress which can cause the events you describe (like memory gaps), don't let this level of internal stress go on too long. I hope you don't have cPTSD or DID... who needs a label? Take a holiday maybe. 

💜❤️🧡💛💚💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance