SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Re: Best Friends Club

Thanks @Glisten 

It's a peer worker role at a hospital. I have been having trouble writing my applications, I haven't got any interviews till now, so I am excited about this one. 

Ooh congrats @Ainjoule that's so awesome! Keep us posted! Actually makes me wonder if we should have a job-hunters thread of some sort, where folks can share ideas, encouragement, interview tips, all that kinda thing!

@Healandlove Just wanted to share another little thing that I found helpful re: your husband needing to get a bit better at re-opening the discussion. Something that really helped me was asking the person I was in conflict with to give me an approximate time frame of how long they needed to be alone for. It's a LOT easier to manage my anxiety about 'fixing things' if I know that the issue will be addressed in 72 hours or a week or whatever it is. I also have found great benefit in always keeping in mind the idea that when it comes to relationship conflict, it ought to be 'You and me vs. the problem', not 'You vs. me'. Promotes a collaborative approach and shifts blame to be circumstances-based!

Welcome @Sunda-Billi 😍 I actually always wanted a 'van-cat'! A kitty who would be super down for road trips hehe. But then my two bubbas were born underneath my house, and have grown up to be home-bodies!! But I don't mind cos they're just too cute hehe

Howdy @Shaz51 hope your Wednesday is treating you well! And yeah you're so right, knowing when to fight and when to walk away is a skil in itself! Sometimes, walking away is a fight, an internal one haha. 

@Jynx I Have been diagnosed with severe sleep apnoe today 

@Jynx 

It’s not that uncommon. 
there’s a Facebook group called travelling Oz with cats and it has 2000 members. 

For my cat to pass her Assistance animal test being able to travel in any form of transport is a must requirement. 

E7E6C978-85C8-4DBF-B344-181CAE4EC928.jpeg

Hi @Ainjoule  just reading about your peer worker position…. Is this a job your applying for or one you have an interview for?

a peer worker in the hospital would be my ultimate dream job. Such an important role that I haven’t heard much of. I remember recovering after an event and not having anyone to talk to. I was so scared. Also having someone to advocate for you when in hospital would be so helpful. 

Hey @Bow 

I have an interview for the peer worker role. I have been applying for peer worker roles, but haven't had any luck getting an interview till now. I'm studying for my Certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work. I would encourage you to pursue it if that is what you want to do. It's a growing field and there seem to be vacancies. I think it's a great field. 

@Sunda-Billi do you have some photos of your furniture renovations?

If so please don’t be shy, we want to see them please.

G

@Shaz51 oh hun that's hectic! Can always be a bit of a gut punch to get another diagnosis to add to the pile hey... hopefully this means you will be getting treatment and relief soon though! Will you get one of the machines? My mum has one, says it has been sooooo helpful!

OMG @Sunda-Billi sooooo cute!! A little license, I love it!

That is so good @Ainjoule 

I seriously hope you get the job.

People who need SWs are screaming for people with lived experience.

G

@Glisten @Ainjoule @Bow @Sunda-Billi @Shaz51 @Patches59 @Johnny007 @Captain24 @Snowie @Asgard @tyme @Stout @f0x @ArraDreaming @Tilz @rav3n @Hope2Recovery @Ru-bee @Meowmy @Bill16 @TAB @oceangirl @dehaha @Appleblossom @ChouxieChou @Healandlove @Eve7 @Zoe7 @Jacques @Adge @StuF @sosad-666 @MDT @Judi9877 @JollyRogers 

Hey guys, coming to you from my new iPad. It has been a few days since I asked you a question. So here it is;

What is just one thing that you really enjoy doing?

My answer is having a dinner party at home with my kids. Especially if my hubby does the washing up!

Today I went to a breakfast bbq. Then I came home and had a nap. Organised my first psych appointment with a new psychologist for Friday 16th August. Now I am doing a bit of art. I am decorating some cards that I have written household jobs on. I am going to turn cleaning the house into a random game. Also watching eat well for less on Foxtel.