SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Re: Best Friends Club

@Glisten 

That’s the beauty of talking about favourite foods. Gives you new ideas to try. 

Content/trigger warning
I’m not going to challenge Martha Stewart lest she shivs me in the yard 

I don’t do anything to my tomatoes. I think tomatoes are yummy even if they do t believe in themselves. 
I just think play it slow and easy, get a pot on a wood stove in Greece: I love to stir and watch for my mental health . You can add cumin, oregano, paprika, delicious olives. You can char your own capsicum 

I wish we could all get together for a pot luck dinner party. I feel so alone and very isolated. I really like that we can come together over food. 🙂

This is something I’m trying to push with my academic work too. 

@ChouxieChou 

I am here sitting with you friend. I hope that this thread can help you not feel so alone. I am lucky as I have the companionship of my hubby. I don’t think I would cope well living alone. The forums have really helped to alleviate some of my loneliness 

@ChouxieChou 😂 you made me laugh out loud! Martha :dagger:️

Are you from Kazi Castalorizo/ Kastellorizo

So true @Oaktree the trauma. I’ve blocked out so many things. No wonder I don’t know who I am 🙃

G

@Oaktree 

Food I am too scared to try: liver

@ChouxieChou what are you doing academically?

Same @Ainjoule 

Doctorate in Sociology. 🙂 then I’m someone people take seriously and listen to. It’s hard. The humanities are fading away from higher education 

Ergh! Hands up, I give up. I’m pivoting from psychology. I know that it’s so hard and we are all barely coping. I’m not going to be your therapist. Who would want me as a therapist anyway?