SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Re: Best Friends Club

Wow @Patches59 ...that card looks amazing! Go you. So creative.

@Oaktree   Depending on the style, cards will be on sale from $2 to $5 each

@ENKELI  I never ever noticed until I saw Molly smile. My son’s dog.

In amazement, I said out loud “They really DO SMILE”.

My son was like of course they do.

I felt like a numpty LOL

Yes indeed Diego Montoya aka Diegs, aka Sir Fursalot was my wing 🪽 less angle. Because he could be hilariously spiteful :angry_face_with_horns: if someone or thing invaded his property.

Stole meat from the neighbours BBQ

Attacked an old man’s dog that kept pooping on the lawn. Old man would not clean up after his dog. They stopped walking past.

He shredded a guy’s jeans 👖 and peed in his bag.

Tried to smother another person’s puppy - I did warn the person about five times.

Peed in the pot plant because I didn’t let him outside fast enough.

Someone guy gave him chillie jerky, then Diego attacked him because the guy ate last piece.

I watched him eat someone’s meat pie off their plate 🍽️ “Where’s my pie gone?” “Pie? What pie?”.

I was driving home from work, saw him at the bottom of the street. He knew he was busted. Raced me home. Jumped over the side fence and came out the front to greet me. It wasn’t me 😇 

That cat made me laugh so hard so much.

But I loved that he would hang in my arms like a Ragdoll.

😊

@Glisten your story about Diego made me laugh and laugh. I think I had his brother. I went to the Cat Haven with mum to get her a cat and came home with this cute black creature. The woman at the Cat Haven congratulated me on taking him. He had been named Scooby Doo by owners who surrendered him. I saw him in his cage and he was on a ledge looking at me. He rolled over and promptly fell off the ledge, dusted himself off and then stuck his paw through the grille of the cage. He had me at meow.

The first night I put him in the bathroom with his litter tray, bikkies and water. He pushed the flyscreen out from the window and took a stroll about the neighbourhood, caring not that I was panicking because a) I was going to be late for work and b)he had no idea where he was.

Second night we decided the laundry was probably a better place as there were no windows to escape from. Kelly was moved into the bathroom much to her confusion but let it happen with a shrug. The cat tried to make his way out of the inch high flyscreen gap between toilet window and wall.
Still not having a name for him we searched and then decided to look to our Celtic roots and chose Loki. Of course we neglected to remind ourselves that Loki was the god of mischief. Either Loki grew into his name or his name grew into him as he was a mischievous little bugger.

One morning after I had left for work brother was getting ready to go to work himself and Loki was carrying on as if he hadn't eaten for months. My bro told him that he had bikkies and that was it. 

Lokis' response was to stalk off, return a few moments late with a chunk of bread in his mouth. He dropped it at bro's feet as if to say F you and then started eating it.
He got nicknamed Dropcat because he would just drop from trees, fences, rooves, you name it. Ex friend didn't believe me when I told her Loki would just be walking along a branch and then whomp! straight down. She then saw him do it. She never doubted me again.

He used to bring home various items, slices of pizza, chops, bones bigger than himself, I stopped questioning the curious objects that regularly turned up at the back door.

When it came time to send him to the rainbow bridge we had him buried next to the other pets in the back yard and my brother said "I swear tomorrow morning we're going to come out and he will have his paw sticking up, one claw extended as if to say screw you."

There were dozens of other stories involving Loki Dropcat, like Sur Fursalot he was a true character.

PS I told my brother about Diego and I didn't have to say a word - he said "Sounds like Loki had a brother".

@ENKELI I could see every word you said in my head and I laughed so hard!

Thank you so much for sharing snippets of the Loki chapter of your life.

If Diegs had a brother, Loki it was. 🤗

@Glisten As my brother said "I still miss that bloody crazy cat!"

The second photo is a bit blurry but that's the way Loki would stand when he wanted treats. I think my bro was feeding him shredded ham. If it had been chicken bro would have lost his hand!

Loki.jpgLoki1.jpg

I love that picture of your cat @Adge 

She is very much like my old cat Sparky  - right down to the orange stripe on her forehead 

Thanks for sharing 

Owlunar 

hello my mamabear @Owlunar2 

how are you today 😍

Hi @Shaz51 

Mr Shaz and the dentist  - oh dear  - I hope that goes well 

I'm in hospital today and I am booked in for emergency gall bladder surgery tomorrow  - that's a surprise  - I wasn't thinking about that on Tuesday 

Such an adventure stirs up my PTSD - I am glad I only found out about that today 

It's pretty routine 

Mumma Bear 

Owlunar 

I'm in hospital today and I am booked in for emergency gall bladder surgery tomorrow  , ohh wishing you all the best for tomorrow my @Owlunar2 💓

will be thinking of you lots my mamabear 

yes mr shaz has to get new teeth 

and I am having a bone density scan next week 

@Patches59 , @Glisten , @ENKELI , @Oaktree , @Jynx