SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

It’s not real warm here either and it’s raining. @TAB . I guess when I go for my walk later it’s be short and wet. 

Oh it stopped raining here a few days ago but colder than forecast esp in mornings . @Captain24

We have rain forecast until

the middle of next week. It’ll mean colder days but hopefully no minus temps in the morning. @TAB 

Yeah I moved from regional centre where I was 3ks from where data was collected so forecasts were pretty right a lot of the time @Captain24
Anyway seems to be sunny here if nothing else

Hello @TAB, youre feeling low? Its not a good place to be in.  Sending you solidarity my friend.  I hope you can emerge from this feeling a bit better 💛 I don't know what your diagnosis is - I presume depression. Depression is hard going.  I use magnesium oil applied to my skin. It breaks the grip depression and mania have on me.  I have schizoaffective disorder, so have both schizophrenia and bipolar.  

Dunno @SmilingGecko a bit more pessimistic than a few days ago . Maybe reality of car not being registered ok back pain cos pain meds ran out and too scary to go to new dr as wont have records lol well plus been on straight and narrow for a bit. State of body indicated by massive coldsore in corner of mouth lol.. might be a day of hibernation lol ok need to go for walk. Yes thought magnesium got no pills atm had dark choc etc yest lol
Anyway hope you're okay

oh plus need to do tax etc lol

and waiting for money to turn up not a good way to live haha 

anyhoo too smart for myself other day, turned temp up on hot water now cant get it to run right so will have to turn it down again. Hope no one sees me lol have to take cover off heater to do it

had a session with a life coach
interesting stuff. I think it falls under the heading of "preventative mental health"

I don't know what you do about rego. Vicroads here in Victoria used to have payment plans or hardship payments, they can extend your rego until you can pay by offering you some weeks grace. They may still do it.  I don't have a car anymore. 

I just got my license renewal paid for a 3 years I think it was. Did it all online and used my old photo from 10 years ago and BAM they sent me out a new license - I did it all online without entering a Vicroads office. Wonder if you can do the same with rego???

When you get your super things will be better, you may have to go to charity to get food to tie you over temporarily. I've done food relief in the past.  You may possibly have to look into it just to get through this period.  I've had Sikhs bring me food for a week when I was really sick and could not take care of myself as well as another charity partner when I was strapped for cash once.

@SmilingGecko  will leave the car thing for a bit. will think what makes sense or not. could just do 3 mths, but am worried wont get concession in 3 months time ? think thats a bit irrational plus does it really matter  now typing it

I still have a very small amount of money .just rent due every week, was using private landlord as a bank lol,would let it ride, was weeks behind most of the time lol

They only ever queried it once, rang me all upset after going somewhere and no money in account lol, so after that I knew how far I could go with it lol

can try to do tax today, prob get super in 2 weeks plus a few days, just have to hang on for a bit. 

I get 400 a week from dole, rent and power around $320, so I was always going to be dipping into savings, just the bond thing made it scary .. anyhoo thanks for your advice again, it helps me think things through

With my pension, I was short of cash once and just went online and asked for a payment of my pension to be made earlier - they offer it if you have emergency expenditures as well as for things like buying whitegoods. Don't know if the dole does it like you can do on a pension. 

Its not an advanced payment but something to pay for sudden expenditures if you don't have cash.  Advanced payments are usually large sums of money which you pay off each fortnight.

The early payment I'm mentioning (don't know what its called) brings forward your welfare payment so you have cash on hand and is usually done straight away and put in your bank account. But once its gone its gone and you will have to wait until your next welfare payment the following fortnight because its deducted from your regular entitlement @TAB 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance