SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

MDT
Community Guide

went to a dark place and came back

Morning all

Just wrote up some notes about core themes I can speak with the psychologist about in a week or two. 

Part of the process including me searching my gmail for the correspondences i had with the old religious studies teacher at my school. It was quite a toxic time for me and I realised that I had actaully mentioned suicide to him and how I wanted to only see a christian counsellor. I eventually did. And this helped me on a journey towards recovery. I guess that journey has been a long road because of the traumas I expeirence when I was younger. 

But today reading through some of those emails made me feel bad. Just not a nice feeling to have at all really. 

I guess the silver lining is that here we are 12 years later and I'm a different person. While those memories are still there, they do not define me in any way. They are what I was once in the past. That is all. 

There has been TOO MUCH distraction in my life lately. So now I endeavour to work on myself for the better. 

Part of that includes seeing the new psych. 

Onwards Hams goes - still flying 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: went to a dark place and came back

Hey! @MDT 

That sounds great that you're seeing a new psych. I think that will be really good for you to do if you're wanting to turn inwards some more as you mentioned that you have had a lot of distractions recently. 

What are you hoping to work on most with the psych?

Sending lots of virtual hugs, 

Amber22

Re: went to a dark place and came back

Amazing growth @MDT! I really appreciate you sharing your journey. Always a pleasure to read.

You have really come a long way.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance