SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: sexual assault

Hi @gymgirl240 Smiley Happy

Checking in to see how you are going Heart

@Zoe7i am still having my good and bad days and still having restless nights but still kinda hurts to talk to people face to face about it but i know i have to. will be hearing back from the dective soon to see wha we can do to go fuirther 

Not at all surprising @gymgirl240 Smiley Sad Sometimes the uncertainty of what is happening places extra pressure on you also - that is the bad days. Hold on to the good days and remember that you have done nothing wrong and that this happened TO you but doesn't define who you are. You really are incredibly brave @gymgirl240

@Zoe7thank you, yeah its hard to be brave from time to time but just cannot wait to see this person behind bars as once he is there i know i might feel a bit better knowing he is locked up 

well said @Zoe7 ' what happened to you doesnt define you'

im glad you have your gp tomorrow @gymgirl240 hopefully they can sort something out for you. hopefully your case is done quickly and doesnt get dragged out. 

We often put on a 'brave face' even when we are not feeling that way @gymgirl240 - it is a self-protection mechanism. We don't want others to know or think any differently of us - that is why what you are doing is so brave - you are facing it 'head-on', taking action and walking thepath many cannot - that is more than brave Smiley Very Happy When you are having those bad days - remember this and know that your inner strength is guiding you through this Heart

@Zoe7thank you so much for your support 

That is quite okay @gymgirl240 - not easy at all to do what you are doing after going through what you have - but your maturity and resilience in dealing with all this is shining through - very impressive in-fact Smiley Very Happy You are definitely a strong person and when you feel yourself 'falling' remind yourself of that Heart

@Zoe7zoe you are the best and yeah i will be 

WTG @gymgirl240 - you are most welcome to tag me anytime - and keep me updated if you like Heart

(Sometimes it takes me a while to get back to people but I always do eventually Smiley Tongue)

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance