SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

krs
Senior Contributor

Re: I've been labelled as treatment resistant schizophrenic

@Zoe7 I guess what I'm trying to say is I have done my rounds to make sure what I have heard in person just is backed up by others during phone calls to to certain organisations across Australia. I also have phone recordings of what happened in the mental health centre where I was treated. I also spoke to medical doctors in person that came full forth with their experiences of the system they working every day. So this isn't just a few people this is now many. I was shocked and couldn't believe what I was hearing and if I heard this from someone else for the first time I probably wouldn't believe it either. My frustration for the broken system we have today can sometimes be hard eating for people and I don't like to put people down, no one is perfect. I just have a hard time believing in two week short term study or a two month so called term study to say they are just better than placebo when ppl take them longer than that. And also placebo can be great the studies have also shown this. But then the medication starts to flatten out and you have to take more. Dr's mainly look at the 2 month study because they have been designed by drug companies that make money to publish them. Unfortunately they don't publish the ones that didn't work out because it looks better on paper. The proper long term studies get hidden in PubMed and out side of the journals and they are not good. That's where the  disease kicks in. Many Dr's don't look at all the data because they don't have the time, it's the sad truth.

111 REPLIES 111

I've been labelled as treatment resistant schizophrenic

There's no scientific evidence that mental disorders exist. Look at the DSM 2 and onwards and see how they construct new disorders every time. Authors of the DSM will admit people are getting medicated for something they probably don't need. And doctors have no idea how to drugs work Eli Lilly quoted this. They study how these drugs act on the brain and say this is what you have before medication but it was a lie. 

Thanks for sharing your opinion @krs

I don't believe it is accurate to say that mental health disorders do not exist. There are varying levels however and medications are used in more severe forms.

DSM is a problem I agree with you. But I think this is a sign that the nature of the beast that is mental illness has changed A LOT over time. It must be taken with a grain of salt.

Psychiatry is still in its infancy as a science compared to say physics. THe mind is a complex thing and the brain is too.

@MDT I can't actually see any scientific evidence because every time they look for something like a illness/desease/disorder before drug they can't actually find anything wrong at all on a scientific level. It's all post medication, the cognitive decline in functioning was caused by the medication my psychiatrist said. People do better off medication like major tranquilizers the entire medication is a sideaffect, does not act on the problem. It's all trauma due to upbringings (family and friends) it's not even found to be genetic of you read the full original studies and not the abstracts. Look into it yourself.

I have. @krs

You think medication causes schizophrenia or bipolar ?

@MDT of course it can, have you ever had a hard look at the package side effect insert? You can get labelled from an adverse reaction just from an antidepressant. And when they say its rare, it's not as rare as you think. When you block someone's thoughts and disable their brain how does that help long term? There's no way of blocking one particular thought you have to do it across the entire thought process function. It slows that all down including the body movement. Always look into medication before you fill out a script, I'll be doing that from now on. 

Hello @krs 

Hearing you about the family trauma etiology of much mental illness.

Also I agree it is important to be careful, and not complacent about some of the medications "handed out like lollies" according to one psychologist.

Welcome

although of course signing on to the forum usually means things are tough.

Take Care

You think mental health is caused by medications ?
@krs

@Appleblossom
Its not just one psychologist it's psychiatrists they talk about this in board meetings, it's actually a huge epidemic.

@Appleblossom

Most Gp's have no idea.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance