SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Oh my goodness @NatureLover !!!!!!

Are you ok? Can it really wait till tomorrow? Please stay safe x

All OK @Anastasia , am lying down calmly, all wrapped up. Comforting hot water bottle on my back, lol. 

How's your headache? Concerned for you...

💚

I'm glad you're ok @NatureLover 🙏

I'm ok. Wish I had more energy and still have headache but in pj's and on couch as opposed to bed so guess that's progress x

Good luck at GP tomorrow, you're in my thoughts 💚

I'm sorry your headache lasted all day @Anastasia  😞 How is it now?

I hope the couch proves a comfort for you...

I feel I'm right at the edge of coping and not coping and am on a high wire trying to get across. 

Thanks for your kind wishes, sending lots of wishes back... 💚

Oh @NatureLover I'm concerned for you.

I know you're agile and you won't fall but please go gently with yourself.

Only do what has to be done.

Put no pressure on yourself. 

Preserve your energy just for YOU right now. 

Self care and lots of it. 

I am bundling up a big ball of positive healing energy and hurling it to you. You'll feel an ever so slight breeze when it arrives. It all yours to take from as needed. 

I have you in my thoughts today at the Dr. I'm concerned that you should have gone last night but totally understand why you didn't. 

Take care NL you're very special

💛💚🌄💚💛

Thanks, dear @Anastasia  for your lovely supportive message which I got yesterday in my email notifications but didn't have the time or energy to reply to yesterday 😞 I was wondering though about your headache, and how you're feeling? You didn't mention it, and am concerned...

Yesterday the new GP was lovely, although she made noises about wanting to change my medication, which I'm not at all keen on...but in the end she didn't send me to Emergency, she disinfected my finger and rebandaged it and put me on antibiotics. So that was lucky. I made it in to work late and stayed late and it was a busy day. I have to go back to the GP in one week. 

I feel a bit more like I'm coping today, thankfully. 

@Anastasia wrote:

I am bundling up a big ball of positive healing energy and hurling it to you. You'll feel an ever so slight breeze when it arrives. It all yours to take from as needed. 

I really liked this, and yes, it worked, so thank you, dear friend Heart

I really hope you'll let me know / tag me in any news of how you're doing. Also hope your boy hasn't been doing any more midnight wandering...

Much 💚🌻🌷

This...

"I feel a bit more like I'm coping today, thankfully"

I can't love it enough @NatureLover 💛💚

Also this...

"Yesterday the new GP was lovely"

wonderful news so happy. Hopefully she will offer you the care and support that you so deserve in place of your lovely retired Dr of 30 years. Big shoes to fill but she sounds wonderful. 

Well done for getting to work I am in awe of your dedication to push through NL. If it was the ball of energy that helped then that is fabulous. Remember it is there always for you to take from 🤗

I'm ok. Woken again with a headache. I've had them all my life so I'm not alarmed but I will speak to Dr. I see him on Thursday. Our house is not very well ventilated I think this might be a big factor. I'm grateful the warmer weather is upon us so windows can be opened and fresh air let inside. 

I had Tafe last night. I learned we have an assessment due in a couple of weeks. I intend on doing it whilst I have this time off. I am lucky enough to have made friends with a gorgeous classmate so her and I will spend some virtual time together over the next few days practicing our role plays for one assessment and hopefully answering the questions for the other assessment together. 

Many hands make light work. 

My son was approved for the apartment so he will be moving out, probably this weekend. I am really happy for him. Being locked down is hardly a life. It is near the beach and not heavily locked down like here, so will give him a new fresh way of life. Gosh I'll miss him but my heart explodes for him. I believe it will be the change needed to grow his wings and truly fly.

He has just been promoted at work and has an office now and learning new skills. It's his time to shine and realise his own potential finally 🏆

My boys ok, but his brother moving out will bring loss to him. We have a granny flat so will help him move into it and make it his own space. Hopefully this will overshadow the "loss" of his brother. 

Thankfully also face to face supports can start over the coming weeks so that too will lessen the blow of his brother leaving and he will be able to visit and vice versa.

Oh Melbourne...

We lived in Blackburn South for a couple of years when I was an infant.

My parents moved back there when I was first married to a beautiful suburb, Camberwell. Very posh. I recall their floors were heated and when I visited I felt like I was in a luxurious hotel.

Lots to take in.

No need for a response just updating you dear friend.  

Sending you love and sun and always coffee of course 😃💛🌄

Hello @Emelia8 

Came back to tag you for the update but I can see you. Sending you love and hoping you are coping ok with all that you are going through. I am here for you, I hope you know that? 

Leaving a cuppa in case you want to stop for a chat and cookies too cause we can never have enough 🍪🍪🍪

Hi @Anastasia , thank you for your newsy message 🙂 I'm sorry that you still have that headache, that's a worry. I'm glad you're going back to the doctor on Thursday for their opinion. 

Happy to hear that now is your older son's time to shine...I guess you'll miss him though. And your younger son also "moving out" so to speak! 

The face  to face supports starting again soon is excellent 👍

The first place I moved out into was Box Hill (not there any more or anywhere near it, Moderators, this was 30 years ago) which was the next suburb to Blackburn South...I used to shop in Blackburn South! And yes, Camberwell is a very posh suburb...heated floors, wow!

Am drinking the coffee you sent 🙂 and there has been sun the past two days, it's been fantastic. The rest of the week will be wet and stormy, but I think that will be right up the east coast so you may get it too. 

I had a slow quiet day yesterday, just popped to the bakery for an iced bun and a salad roll, then did a lot of organising like paying bills and some laundry. Oh, and walking in the sun of course. It did me good. My finger is amazingly not too sore, only when I knock it. And I have great news - my psychologist has contacted me finally! She is resuming work in mid October, so I have an appt towards the end of October. Just having that appt makes me feel stronger. I had been concerned that for some reason she might not be resuming work. It will be 5 months by the time I see her again. 

Good luck with your Tafe assessment, glad you've met a lovely friend to help with study 🙂 Also really hope your recovery is going well and those headaches disappear quickly. Sending much 💚 and wishes...

Thank you for your wishes @NatureLover I appreciate them very much.

The sun and your walk sound perfect, I'm sad to hear about the rain coming but yes I believe we will be expecting it as well. I always think of rain as a way to wash off the dust and regenerise nature. A day is enough though I think! 

Muddy puppy here he comes, argh lol. 🐾

I am so pleased that your finger is not too sore, it sounds like it was nasty so that is good news x

This is THE BEST news...

"my psychologist has contacted me finally! She is resuming work in mid October, so I have an appt towards the end of October. Just having that appt makes me feel stronger" 

I am so happy 💃🎇

Yes I hear you being concerned that for some reason she might not be return to work.  Five months is a very long time with no support, nearly half a year!!!!

Can I just say that is a huge testiment to you, but I am sorry that you found yourself in this position. I'm excited you have an appointment and that already it has provided you with some strength. That makes me very happy to hear. 

What day/s are you working? I can't recall I am sorry. I was saying to my Tafe friend yesterday my brain is a bit fuzzy...but then it's been that way for a couple of years lol so I don't think the anaesthetic is fully to blame haha! 

After catching up yesterday with two class mates I completed the first of the assignments but have not submitted it. We get three chances but I'm going to reread the questions today and study the points to feel comfortable that my answers are correct, then I'll hit submit. It's all legal and ethical content so it's necessary to learn rather than guess! It will probably take a couple of hours so it's good I learned about the assignments whilst I have the time off rather than next week and then I'd be stressing over finding the time to get them done.

Universe again 🙂

Enjoy your day NL, I am wishing that with your new found strength comes actions that enable you to feel lighter with the worries around clearing space in your home.

Hugs, love and another coffee for when you drop back in 💛💚🌄

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance