SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

@NatureLover  being autistic he has it all in order even though it would seem a mess to anyone else.  Every time there is an inspection I explain to him that I have to clean up but it drags me down tbh as it just builds up again into piles of paper and metals. Inside his wardrobe you have to be quick opening and shutting it though as the papers he likes to collect will fall all over you if you are slow 😄

You have to laugh or you would cry. 

@Shaz51 @NatureLover  so true Shaz51 ..... so true.

NatureLover I can only imagine the restrictions your germaphobia places on you. It must be incredibibly difficult particularly atm.

@NatureLover @Shaz51  I am going for a quick nap before he comes back from his dad's. Talk laterxx

hello  Shaz51, Think it is the same,reads like it. OCDC.   There is a definite Hoarder syndrome, depends on how bad people are. I know one person ,very hard to control ,rules your life. If it is not too bad just call yourself ,A collector.  To change the subject, I wanting to pick peoples brains on ,prior to Free trade, what did we in Australia manafacture.  ie. SA built ships, we had clothing companies somewhere Palaco,Chesty bond others,we built aeroplanes somewhere all gone overseas now.  Can any other people remember stuff Aussie did.  Regards @jay2

@Shaz51, how hard for you to have to leave all the hoarded stuff there, if you aren't a hoarder yourself. 

@greenpea, I know the feeling of stuff falling out of the cupboard as you open it. It's very frustrating, even if you caused it yourself! I can imagine that being autistic he might have it all ordered in his mind. The "stuff" is depressing, even for me who created it. It's like a mountain that's very difficult to tackle. I have watched those "extreme hoarder" shows and seen how difficult it is for those who have to live with it, who aren't hoarders themselves. Smiley Sad

Thanks for your good wishes, @greenpea. I am hoping my germophobia keeps to its normal levels, which I can deal with. Look forward to talking later.

@NatureLover 

you have brought up a couple of interesting points my friend 

1)    I was emotionally and mentally abused by my father before my mother and i left 

but because we all lived in the same small town my father kept rejecting me and doing things until he passed away 

2) my husband thinks i have OCD----  if you aren't a hoarder myself 

my room at mum`s has all my stuff still in the cupboards 

I think OCD might be part of what my husband is bound up in.  He had other addictions, and on the back end of that case needing foot-pedal bins (couldn't touch them) and those battery operated soap dispensers and air fresheners (couldn't touch them either). When I mentioned this and other addictions to the dr. In front of him, he changed everything in order to deny it - using open-top bins instead, and his own personal bar of soap that nobody else was allowed to use ..... washing his clothes, towels, etc twice a day.

@NatureLover @Shaz51 @jay2 @greenpea 

Oh, and antibacterial everything - before COVID-19 ....

@Shaz51  - I am so sorry you were abused and rejected by your father all his life. Smiley Sad

What are the traits of OCD that your husband thinks you might have?

@Faith-and-Hope your husband's actions do sound like germophobia to me.

i like things in order @NatureLover , like i will straighten thing up if there are crocked 

I have a system to cooking dinner 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance