SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Writing As A Form Of Therapy

I'm just wondering... where do i go from here... now that i know the truth ... it's become a journey of very few (good) options ... i must say...

Yes, that’s all we can do @-Liz- 

I hope your day has gone ok. 

Mine has been 😳😫 again. 

Tried getting nbn on. Was there for ages, still not sorted. 

Now visiting mum. Really sad how she’s deteriorated. 

Hmm 🤔 something positive. I had a nice cuppa just now. 

Looks like not much for dinner tonight. Not sure when I’ll get home  

hi everyone. 

💜🌷👋

not exactly sure if i should put this here or on a venting thread but anyway here goes

dear child of mine

i know that you think i am being harsh

i know that you believe it is unfair 

but the rules i put in place are not there for you to just ignore

you say that your not little and you know what you are doing 

but honestly child your not even double figures

so stop the complaing i dont need your attitude 

i see you rolling your eyes and muttering under your breath 

i notice your defient manner and bored glazed look

but you misbehaved and didnt do whats right

so im teaching you a lesson of what happens when your bad

so that you learn that every choice you make has consequence

right now you may not like it

you may think i am being mean

but one day you will appreciate these lessons

because they made you a better human being

Hi @-Liz- 

if the situation was one of my kids I would encourage talking it through with their psych and if they said hospital then I would agree. If I saw my child deteriorating like keeping to themselves and being very short and snappy with family then I would def do something. 

See this is where I would love my hubby if he would be more involved. But he’s not. He doesn’t ask questions at all. 

I undetstsbd what you’re saying. 

Somehow it is hard to forget about you. Or to ignore those silences of yours.You said you don't have much emotional attachment to me. That my emotional needs of you drag you down. But I know you are trying hard, trying your best.. You wouldn't admit defeat . Then you know your disability. I could dream away my days. But I know somehow you are very important. To my life.

I feel uneasy, so much that I don't think of sleep. Now the night has come upon this place. I think of my illness, that could be that I am prone to agitation to pressure situations.. Though nervous of important deeds not within my control. I think of you. Memories that you were always there in all my pressure situations. Those sunsets so tender on the waters, you sat besides me to watch the ends of those difficult days. Then you are not to be found, hours,days, that you shut the world out of your presence. I know you don't want pity. The world was kind to me to the point of my last effort to hold on my life. I had to hold on,hold on tight to the very slim hope of chance to survive. But then you understood. You came to sit beside me to talk me through..  Year after year, I began to have some understanding. I fought hard to hold on to hope of survival.Each day over as achievement. Tonight is another night, when the pressure here again. Then I look back, how tremendous that I am still here. Hey, you shut yourself in again. So I am alone again. I put my hand on my heart. I and me,will have to survive this night.

Hello @Meowmy 

Beautiful words, I hope the night is kind and you can get some rest.  Take care, MummaMia

I was shaky,picking up the phone to see if you are out of your cave for hiding. Then I know you mean well, supporting me step by step to greater independence,happiness,confidence,and health. I read through the pages of information. Relieved at the words so factual.My emotions there thinking of you. On a cold Winter afternoon here, where the years had passed by. Those distressed moments imprints still in my mind. Then it was you who saw me out of there.I couldn’t have predicted that. I didn’t know the end would come so soon. I couldn’t see it coming. I couldn’t see it at a distance. I couldn’t know the meaning. I couldn’t step back and see the whole picture. By accident, I bumped into you again. So you stood by me those darkest days,weeks, months. So I came out of the muddle once again. I look up the skies and see the Winter grey clouds. Would you have told me the true then if I was not so unwell?

Now the evening sets in, deep in Winter, the coolness in the air, layers of warming blankets, tv sounding faint in the background. Still and late, the day quietly going. The times of dark struggles , the memories lurking surrounding the room. Hard to see. Why , how, it went on. The experiences , the skills gained. But the price of such. Was it blinding, why couldn’t I see it coming, But then I did leave, the place where I spent years. I learnt , much with your support. Each step thought about. Now closing in. The era to overcome despair. So, you still here.  Why wouldn’t you say this.

Hey @Former-Member
I realise what I'm about to say I guess is a little out of the box but say so in the hope it will help you and others. In regards to any telecommunication consumer issues (nbn) once you have gone to your provider go to the telecommunications ombudsman. They have always resolved issues exponentially faster and far less hassle free for me. The provider also gets fined for repeat violations so it's in their best interest to resolve it quickly and quietly. Every time the resolution has worked out in my favour.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance