SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Diagnosis today

No @Former-Member. I discovered this as a teenager. It can be hard to stick to my standards and values sometimes but I feel much worse if I don't because I know that I've let myself down. Mind you I don't stick to these rigidly. How far to compromise can only be assessed on a case by case basis. If you have questions please ask. I don't really think it matters at what age we develop these things. In fact you probably already have but haven't yet identified them as such. 🎶💕

Re: Diagnosis today

I agree with what @Kurra just said @Former-Member .... you write with values, it's just your standards can't always be met or upheld under your current circumstances.

That's what I just wrote about myself on the other thread .... I have had to let go of my standards and just exist in this current chaos until the storm settles and I can start to put my standards back in order .... and there has been one storm after another for a very long time .... I fought harder for my standards previously but I am emotionally too exhausted for that at the moment .... so I am drifting on our family tides most of the time for now, just paddling when I have to or want to ....

Teens do that to a household anyway .... it's just degrees that make the difference .... and there are many other things that add degrees.  I'm guessing @Kurra would agree.

I have perfectionist tendencies, which I have to lay aside under these circumstances .... but perhaps that's not a bad thing either.    I have become more discerning about how and when and why to pursue excellence ....and it doesn't have to be in everything all the time.

i hope this helps .... ❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance