SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Sophia1
Senior Contributor

"The Conscious Caregiver" A mindful approach to caring for your loved one ...without losing yourself

The above is a title of a book written by author...Linda Abbit

excerpt from back of book to follow:

"Linda is a family caregiver with more than twenty years of  experience and the founder of 

Tender Loving Eldercare    a blog and online community for caregivers.

She holds a master's degree in education; worked in the eldercare industry and continues to be an advocate for older adults...especially those with dementia and Alzheimers disease."

I realise that there are zillions of books available ....this is one that I am currently reading..

This book is written in a way that it can be used as a quick reference point rather than having to read through pages and pages or whole chapters..

I believe that it is worthwhile looking at by every person who finds themself in some kind of caregiving role.....

this of course includes caring for ourselves...

Also very helpful in ways of dealing with depression....grief....loss  and so much more...

I hope that it will be of use to at least one person....

It certainly is  helping me in dealing with various relationships in my life...

5 REPLIES 5

Re: "The Conscious Caregiver" A mindful approach to caring for your loved one ...without losing yourself

Re: "The Conscious Caregiver" A mindful approach to caring for your loved one ...without losing yourself

@Former-Member - thank you for tagging me in this post x

@Sophia1 - thank you for posting information about this book, it looks good so have just ordered it 🙂 x

Hello @Bella1978

I truly hope that you find different sections supporting and helpful..

I found itt easy to pick up from any page...

there is also a very detailed index for quick referencing..

conversation suggestions..

Of course keep on receiving the support you have on here as well as using the forums as a form of releasing your feelings..

all the best

Sophia

thanks @Sophia1

hope you are well x

@Sophia1

Thanks for the tip, I ordered a copy too! 

Grasshopper3

Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance