SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

GieEuphoria
Casual Contributor

Unsuccessful moves

Everything I've done led to disappointent. Nothing seems successful to all plans/decisions I've made. Now, I'm back to zero and doesn't know how to start all over again. I believe I don't have enough time and money to begin with. No enough support for family and friends. 

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Unsuccessful moves

Hi @GieEuphoria
It sounds really tough for you. Having to start over again is quite tricky.

Have you got any professional supports in place or willing to give them ago?

If youd like to share what was some of your plans or goals? Maybe we can point you in a direction that might help, share some tips and support you only the way too.

Please feel free to look around and join in where you like and when talking to other members if you put an @ before their name itll tag them so they recieve a notification from you

Hi @GieEuphoria  welcome to the forums.  I'm hearing that life is pretty difficult for you right now.  Happy to listen and support you if you feel like sharing more.  I've started over many times in my life so I get the challenges.

Hi again @GieEuphoria   Wondering how you're doing today?

@eth thank you for your concerns. I am trying to get up step by step. Next week, we'll be moving back to my sister's house to downsize and hopefully lessen our burden to all our finances.

You see, my anxiety started last year when a supposedly friend of us ask us to move from different state to help us starting a business with him. So my husband and I quit our permanent job here in Sydney and went to Queensland. But all of a sudden, he didn't support us and didn't get a permanent job in that place. So, we decided to go back in NSW if we going to start our lives again. Unfortunately, I couldn't go back to work due I got pregnant. Since my husband who's the only one working, we couldn't pay a lot of our  bills and I have got  postnatal depression.

Hopefully, we can get back to our feet sooner.

Thank you @outlander. Yes, sometimes I talked to my GP and asked for any medication but she didn't give me any because I'm breastfeeding my baby.

Now, I'm trying to get up in our feet slowly and hopefully we could overcome all of our hurdles.

Hi @GieEuphoria and welcome to the forum. It sounds like you've been through a lot of big changes since last year and some really stressful things too. Starting over again is really tough.

It's great to hear you have a sister who sounds supportive and what sounds like a plan to try and get on top of finances. It's also awesome to hear you reached out to your GP, though maybe frustrating that you asked for medication but she wouldn't prescribe any. How old is your bub (if you'd loke to share)? Do you have any other professional supports for your anxiety and postnatal depression?

Keep posting and connecting on the forum if it helps 🙂

Hi @GieEuphoria  sorry I didn't reply sooner.  I had family visiting from interstate including 2 grandchildren aged 1 and 5.  Even though I raised one myself, it astounds me how relentless parenting can be - just keeping up with food needs and bathroom needs can be a non-stop occupation.  I had major PND myself twice so I feel for you.  I do remember that it was said that any major life changes in the year before the bub comes make PND more likely.  And especially when there are several like in your case, combined with financial insecurity.

Please keep posting and sharing with us here on the forums.  You will find several others with common ground currently in time.  Wondering if a @Former-Member  can share the details for @PANDA  here in case they are helpful.

Take care @GieEuphoria  and when you get a chance try to squeeze in some self-care activities if you can - even if it's just a hot shower or having some music in the background.  

Hi eth
lola here, one of the moderators.  
here are the details for Pand

PANDA supports women and their families who are suffering from perinatal anxiety or depression. 

take

lola

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance