SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

NSW "stay-at-home order".

The NSW Government announced a stay-at-home order for the whole state, including regional areas. It's in place for two whole weeks.

I don't really have much to say... I am surprised that this decision comes after only twelve cases. They say 29, but 17 of those were found yesterday, they just went on the record out of sequence.

Just as an aside, it is a bit confusing but not hard to get your head around once you know the calculation.

For example, yesterday we had 22 cases, effectively. 11 were found within the timeframe, but 6 of those were found the night before. 17 cases were found AFTER they submit the number at 8:00PM.

So, you have 11 minus 6 plus 17, which is 22.

Unfortunately, you still have to go to work.

My line manager has been in charge these past couple of nights. She usually works during the day. She's been putting a bit of pressure on and has asked me to push myself, which I kind of enjoy.

I really don't like my usual team captain, so it's hard to justify going all out and possibly risking an injury, for someone who doesn't appreciate it.

It's been so busy that I actually haven't seen my ex. Like, she's been there, but we haven't actually seen each other. Last night, she wasn't there, and she may be out tonight as well.

I asked my captain, when she didn't come in a couple of weeks ago, "do you know anything, is she OK?" She said "yes, I think she's just taking some time off."

If she just said that, it would have been fine, but she continued on. She said "I think because she has a boyfriend now, he can financially support her, so she doesn't have to work as much."

That's really sweet... but I didn't need to hear that 😅. I say that, because there is one rule in this order that HURTS. People are allowed to leave their house for:

Family and carer obligations and compassionate reasons, including where 2 people are in a relationship but do not necessarily live together.

I am sorry, but that is REALLY, really cruel. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have a partner they can see in lockdown... but even the [...] government acknowledges how important that is.

My ex and her partner happen to live together, but still. Either way, she's got someone to come home to.

I've got nine books I have borrowed, so I have plenty to keep me occupied until this lockdown is over, but it just reminds me of everything that's gone wrong before the pandemic even started.

As I always say, it's not about her. I am glad she has someone. And I don't blame anyone who decides to take advantage of what is a terrible rule... it's just a constant reminder about ME.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance