SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Had enough

Sometimes when I do manage to organise myself it’s helpful but also I agree too much structure can do the opposite for me @Appleblossom I have adhd so organising/remembering is not my strong point but also sometimes the anxiety kicks if there isn’t certainty or a plan, ha what a contradiction. Yeah I’m not sure yet, I should probably go but I probably won’t, h haven’t cancelled it yet 

what is it for @ArraDreaming 

I have a wonderful ex brother in law ... who I dont see cos of family splits etc ... but he is a passionate performer as a Mexican guitarist ... and really good with people ... chaotic as anything ... drove my sister mad ...

It takes all types

Find a way a strengths based approach

Even when my kids were little ... I believed a little mess was good for creativity ... rather than too much structure and order ...

Now the church I go to ... have a messy church activity for young and old .... I have not been, but see it as a great idea for working against rigid thinking ... and developing connection.

Started seeing a psych again after a couple of years off it 2nd app meant to be today @Appleblossom 

Funny thing ... not ... is she was the only one who had no physical or mental health problems ... Hmmm ...

Take care @ArraDreaming 

@ArraDreaming  ologist or pdoc?

I have seen a few of them in my time ... never cancelled but not always sure they were worth it ... do have a sense of respect .. or clicking?

I make a bad joke that my family has single handedly supported the industry ... weary sigh ...

Psychologist I don’t really feel like going not because I don’t like them I just don’t give a fuck about doing anything that might help right now to be honest

I went even though I didn’t want to @Appleblossom 

Aaaah ...  for me ... the "Not giving a *&*& feeling" often comes and goes like all the other feelings. 

Worth a try ... give you some street cred for the romantic getaway ....

@ArraDreaming 

Find the place where we dont shoot selves in the foot ...

Sorry for last post ... just saw your most recent. @ArraDreaming 

For me going to psychologists became about my discipline to show up ... as honestly they never gave me any info or strategies ... kinda why I am pretty skeptical about them atm.

But still ... if I hadna gone I would be 6 foot under .... talking of feet .... 

Whether its any good ... you often cant tell ... til way later ....

I have seen so many in my time haven’t clicked with all of them for sure @Appleblossom yeah can’t say for sure it’s working after only 2 appointments but I don’t know I’ll keep going because I have to and just hope it’s not a waste of my time and money
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance