SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Walking group

@TAB Well done TABs. I am definitely not walking today way too hot. Maybe on the weekend. Will do yogan maybe instead 🙂

yeah I had more no -shows for same reason recently, couldnt get self out of bed early enough to beat the heat @greenpea 

Hello @TAB, @BlueBay, @greenpea, @Zoe7, @Surfbird, @Jupiter

I think I did enough walking today xx

sounds good @BlueBay  I just got back from 30mins walk here

Thanks @BlueBay , I wish I felt a bit more energised from it to.  I feel up a bit up and down energy wise, but, it could be my med changes playing havoc.  It's definitely going to be more pleasant to walk as the weather warms.

Not sure if you have any parks or forests nearby that you can walk in, but, that might help as well.  I'm hoping to get to one this weekend or maybe the beach.

Tagging  @Meowmy 

@Gazza75 have a great day,take care.

@Shaz51 

@Zoe7 @TAB @greenpea @Dec @Faith-and-Hope @oceangirl  @Hamsolo01 @Gazza75 @Razzle @Sherry abd others following 

I thought I’d bring this post back up again. Spring is near and it’s a good time to start walking or exercising. 

Since seeing my dietitian I’ve made a commitment to him and to myself that I would start walking daily. 

So ........ I am walking daily. I put my music on and just walk. I feel so free and the music motivates me to keep walking. 

The only negative is that I’m not feeling energised. But I’m guessing that this will come. 

I hope this motivates you to join me in walking. 

Hey @Gazza75  I’m very lucky where I live. I have a beautiful beach 15 min walk; a marina about 10 min walk. This mirning I walked around the whole area and then watched the boats at the marina. It’s so nice. I love watching the water. So relaxing. 

Pls tag anyone to join our walking group. 😊

@Gazza75 hey Gazza,how is your day going? I am at work. I had my depot this week and a new medication started today. Feeling a bit off, revisiting the tragic past a bit. Hope get out of it soon. Thanks for care and support. Take care.

@BlueBay, that sounds really nice and you are lucky.  I have beaches about 15 minutes drive away, the mountains and bush about the same.  Its definitely peaceful and enjoyable to watch the water, smell the surf and be in that environment.  I'm an old surfer and feel at peace there.

I was thinking about energy when I went for my walk earlier.  I think it might be something to do with the tempo and how fast you go.  Also nutrition, eating and sleep is important.  We need to strike a balance with all those things to really feel the benefits.  It's not always easy to do.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance